Model Cars Magazine Forum

Color suitable for gun metal

Close! One letter too many. XF-10 is Flat Brown. X-10 is the Gunmetal. B)

Now see what I get for thinking!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I actually thought about that after I shut the computer off for the night after that post, the gunmetal is too glossy to have the "F" flat designation!

Now see what I get for thinking!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I actually thought about that after I shut the computer off for the night after that post, the gunmetal is too glossy to have the "F" flat designation!

Only reason I knew that was because I'd been using the flat brown and had the jar right next to me at the work bench. Had to check the Tamiya paint chart to see what gunmetal was. :lol:

Or simply a home made mixture of silver and black ;) Been there, done that, got a model to prove it :D

Sweet Thanks I will be trying that lol, I went to HL today and buying their clearance paint from rust olem or however its spelled got a can of Go mango, and knew I had a color I went for, but could not remember it. I bought a couple kits tonight and shipping one out so I got to cut back, or the wife will be mad. She tells me I need to shop for Christmas.