Model Cars Magazine Forum

Accurate size modern slicks - No more Pegasus/So Real slicks?

Hawk312

What are you guys using for accurate diameter slicks for modern funny cars/top fuel? I was looking around for the Pegasus (old So Real) slicks, as they are close to the correct diameter and fit almost any wheel because of their soft rubber. But it appears Pegasus dropped these, as they are out of stock everywhere that I can find. I was thinking of going with Competition Resin`s FC/TF slicks, but am concerned with possible fitment issues because of the hard compound. I will be using the "super trick" wheels from the Revell Chevelle Malibu kit.

Thanks!

I've got a set of Competition Resins CRT-501 Current FC or TF Drag Slicks and they look good...they have a slightly smaller outer diameter than the So-Real/Pegasus tires but not much.

The inside is tapered and the hole is slightly different on each side so most kit rims will probably fit...the ones I have tried does, some triming inside the tire might be necessary for larger diameter rims.

Edited by Force

Anyone seen these in scale:

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/images/products/et_street_radial_a.jpg

Sorry to barge in on Your topic, but they're modern slicks tho =)

No worries! B) I think Chief Joseph is casting those in your choice of white resin or black rubber. Very cool. B)B) He has been posting about them in the resin/aftermarket section. Let me know if you need more info.