Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 '69 nitrous pro mod camaro

comp1839

Oh My!!! Dave that chassis is Killer!! I see you also have gotten the seat bucket fabricated as well and its gotten carbon fiber on it. Man is that nice. I have to say that I am drooling over the shot with the motor in it. Man the detail to the carbs and linkage are top notch. Nice work!! Its exciting see you making more progress on this Steller build.

scott rick and chris, thank you for the great comments. always appreciated.

the rules require a steel floor under the driver so i cut some .010" brass sheet to the appropriate sizes and soldered in a solid floor.

here are the floor peices.

DSCN3779_zps00fa8baa.jpg

1st piece installed.

DSCN3780_zpsf4db7b95.jpg

clean all the surfaces and use a good flux. the solder will travel to the heat and you'll get a decently clean joint.

DSCN3781_zps45bb1738.jpg

here's the bottom of the completed floor.

DSCN3782_zps5b3f54b5.jpg

here's the top veiw.

DSCN3783_zps6991fbd6.jpg

Dave do you have any shots of your build up of the Bruno Lenco? I want to redo mine, and I want to make it right. I also started doing a Flashpoint 63 Corvette, trying to follow some of what you are doing here. Just is going to take sometime. Thanks Dave again for all your great work and sharing it to help others.

aaron, thanks so much.

mike, i recently suffered a computer crash. i don't know if i lost some of these build photos or they're just hiding. i thought i had them backed up on an external drive but, some of the folders seem to be empty. i can give you some of my reference photos if it helps.

mike, you are welcome.

mid engine addict, you may want to re-think that but, thanks. hehe.

derrick, how've you been dude? if i ever finish this thing. maybe, i can get to a show to see you again sometime.

It would be nice Dave. Hoping to finish the 70.5 Camaro. Be good!