Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Shelby GT500

jrherald420

Thank you.

Your right the stripe does not go down over the black. I noticed it looked funny after it was done and already dried. I then checked my photos and found that its wrong. Don't know why something as simple as that was over looked in the directions. It will be removed when i black out the insides of the exhaust tips.

2010-ford-shelby-gt500-rear_zps5565f09f.

That black line on the spoiler is actually an integral functioning part of the the spoiler called a "Gurney Flap", on actual car it helps to streamline the body and allow air to flow smoothly past the back of the car creating less disturbance.

So it needs to be left black, on the real car it is a satin black. My kit (1/25) calls for it to be painted body color! I hope this helps someone.

That black line on the spoiler is actually an integral functioning part of the the spoiler called a "Gurney Flap", on actual car it helps to streamline the body and allow air to flow smoothly past the back of the car creating less disturbance.

So it needs to be left black, on the real car it is a satin black. My kit (1/25) calls for it to be painted body color! I hope this helps someone.

Great info, I'll have to paint mine too.

Thanks

Al

Edited by Porscheman