Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt Gravel trailer slightly modified & California Hauler

Small update again tonight. I just did a little more work on the lines. I drilled a hole in the tank for the hose and permanently mounted it to the frame. I ran some copper wire through the trailer frame for air lines. I added some flat strip to the sides of the hose fitting to make it a wingnut.

E44A7EB9-07ED-4D63-832C-996D1AE9DEB0_zps

2DF4241B-244F-4DC0-B9D0-8AD0E7D759B3_zps

F4C4BB98-68CB-4DA2-9252-321C0EBFDFD8_zps

DCFDB716-4B33-4B82-BFE1-55F2ACC1380E_zps

538E082C-A0B4-4F04-8EFC-149400281434_zps

DCFCFC7D-E249-42E7-83BE-66E45C2C2B55_zps

F8B98326-33E4-4FFB-AE9F-214FB5243ED2_zps

360D2E2B-8445-4AE7-89E3-D206AEE35582_zps

Terry, those air lines look great, how did you get them so symmetrical? And what type of wire did you use?

Thanks Sam. The black line is just the roll of tube that comes with the old AMT kits. The yellow is some tiny coated copper wire. As for the symmetry, I drilled holes where each end attatches. I superglued one end and let it sit overnight, then using tweasers to bend them, I sized them up and snipped the ends until they appeared equal. The fitting on the yellow line is just tiny hex stock. I glued the line to the fitting first(leaving some excess line), then glued the fitting to the truck. When the glue was dry and strong, i bent the lines into place and glued them. This was not without aggravation. I broke the yellow lines off several times trying to achieve this. I hope that helps.

Yes, it does help knowing someone has as much aggravation as I do with these air lines! Is the yellow line telephone wire? The reason I ask is I use telephone wire but it doesn't want to hold its shape without a fight!

I really dont know Sam, it was just something that was in a box. Im wanting to say it was with a Revell model I have.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the color combo of the truck and trailer.

Those mirror brackets worry me though as they would never survive on my bench. :unsure:

I was trying to match the frame color with no such luck. The paint Im going with is only a tad different, but its close enough. The truck chassis is going to be repainted to match the trailer.