Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:12 Matra MS11 1968

Hi

This is the Tamiya kit of the French racing icon. I decided to do a version that is on the pictures in the manual but that version can´t be

made out of the kit parts ?!

This version of the car was used only during the practice for the British GP-68. The car had a much smaller rear wing than usual. So it had to be

scratched and also the oilcooler with it´s support mounted on top of the gearbox is scratched, the manual says it shall be placed on top of the oiltank but that is wrong. I had very good help for this conversion from the ModelFactory Hiro manual for theirs 1:20 kit.

I used several etched parts , rivets, alutubes, valves , switches and hosebands. The body paint is from Tamiyas spraycan TS11.

There is a WIP on another forum: http://www.f1m.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18732

Thomas

IMG_1424_zps4532d650.jpg

IMG_1423_zps91bca628.jpg

IMG_1408_zpse394a504.jpg

IMG_1428_zpsffbf241a.jpg

IMG_1421_zps8d2b2a43.jpg

IMG_1419_zpsd6ecf209.jpg

IMG_1417_zpscb9a1399.jpg

IMG_1411_zps71446729.jpg

IMG_1397_zpsc751b4ff.jpg

IMG_1395_zpsbc0b866f.jpg

F1 ,in my opinion is the greatest racing in the world. There will always be disagreements but what other car that has to turn can beat them?Tech this side of the space program ,the best girls of the world. whats not to like. When the shu man was with the ferrari team,the cost of his car,pit crew and the shu mans salary ,it was said you can run all of the teams of nascar for one year.Now thats some serious money.By the way Nice Build!

Curtis,

You should try one the Tamiya 1/12 F1 cars.

Once you start building one of these, you realize how much easier and more fun it is to build compared to less expensive models.

I have built 2 and have 2 more to build.

"TRY IT! YOU WILL LIKE IT!"

I keep thinking about it and telling myself, "someday." I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. They are really some great subjects. But I'm not going to rush into it.