Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 2010 Camaro RS/SS kit (layed out contents)

mademan

I just got my couple of AMT 2010 Camaro kits, and I had seen that no-one had showed this kit in here yet. Here are a few pictures of the box/contents.

IMG_3068.jpg

contents are nicely packed into the box

IMG_3069.jpg

It is a curbside kit, so no engine detail, not too many pieces, however the interior is multi-piece. very nicely done too. The seats and dash are moulded in a hard black "rubber" and are packaged in with the tires. painting them may be a hassle

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

This is Just the body/chassis with the bumpers stuck on, and the wheels/tires which use the metal axle mount

IMG_3072.jpg

contains white and black SS decals

IMG_3073.jpg

If anyone would like any additional photos, just ask and i will gladely take some.

over-all it is a great representation of the subject, the best we have gotten so far, I am still waiting for the Revell full detail however. But in the mean time, I can build a nice curbside replica of my 1:1

Edited by mademan

It looks just the like the prior AMT camaro kit, just minus the engine, which wasnt that great anyways . I am looking fowrad to the Revell version

This kit is totally different, the last one is a 2006 Concept Camaro..... different front and rear valances, interior, etc. The body is much more accurate, as well as the correct side panels (rockers) which are separate pieces.

However the box art depicts an LS or LT model without the chin spoiler/ small upper grill on the bumper etc.

Edited by mademan

Interesting..hadn't noticed the box art pic was of a 1:1 V6 model..I guess Round2/AMT didn't proofread their box art closely. It will be fun to sit this kit or the Revell one down w/ one of the concept car models and see the differences...the concept car body was a hardtop, lower and wider than the production car, and a bit longer w/ a lot of detail differences...

They need a nice convertible version with a uptop.

An AMT curbside convertible kit is coming, don't know if it will have an uptop or not...looking forward to that one. My local Chevy store has a couple goregous convertibles on the lot, wouldn't mind doing a kit in a similar color combination to ones I've seen there..

Edited by Rob Hall

.... RS package is interior trim and fog lights as well as halos.... Not sure what you are referring to

The front bumper is SS spec and there are no RS badge decals. Seems you can only build the body as an SS. Making mine into an LS anyway haha!

I apologize if I'm wrong tho:/ I wish I'd just missed something in the kit lol.

The front bumper is SS spec and there are no RS badge decals. Seems you can only build the body as an SS. Making mine into an LS anyway haha!

I apologize if I'm wrong tho:/ I wish I'd just missed something in the kit lol.

Don't think there is any difference between the SS and RS bumper..according to the GM site, the RS package adds 20 inch aluminum-colored wheels, body color roof ditch molding, HID headlights and body-color shark fin antenna, and a badge.. the box art picture is of a 1:1 LT/RS instead of an SS..

Edited by Rob Hall

All the reference I've found shows no scoop in the bumper for an RS trim. Being the most obvious difference between RS and SS lol.

youve been looking at the LT - RS , it is the v6 and doesnt have the scoop in the top of the bumper cover. The SS/RS has the scoop, as do all of the SS models. The RS package is Projector Headlights with integrated Halo rings, Fog lights, 20" wheels and sport tires.

I know this as I have a 1:1 2011 Camaro LT(v6) which I am trading up for a 2012 RS/SS1(v8 6spd)