Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reliable Resin

Nice comment,Did it take you all day to think that one up? Once again it just shows how much class you have? :lol: I'm assuming none from the comments you make about your suppossed fellow modelers , And maturity you have? :lol: Now I understand why you like to start trouble on here,I figured it out, You Want Attention, Thats it! Here is your 15 seconds of fame!

well since Don himself decided to Hijack a thread about himself with goofy Youtube video's,

everyone loves a good trainwreck, especially and apparently Steve does too :lol:

Dave

Dave,
I have been ordering stuff from Don for over 5 years. Never had an issue with quality. I remember you had an issue with some wheels you had gotten. When it couldn't be resolved the way you wanted you offered them to anyone who wanted them.
So now you seem to make a personal attack on posts with Reliable Resins products. Always making sure if you know another caster that offers the product you are sure to post it.
There are enough locked threads on here about it.
Just let it go!!!!
Charles

sorry,

i am new to all this, i have built model cars since i was 6yrs old and am now close to 50. i have just started to really get back into the fun and i am building for other people. i was commisioned to build a 1971 firbird formula. i was looking for a kit closer to the original car then the monogram kit i have, that is where i stumblesd upon Reliable Resin. i contacted the business he contacted me back. after several e mails and phone contacts we agrred on price and when he would have the kit to me, my customner paid fro up front and we ordered through pay pal. that was august 10Th. i was promised 3 weeks and even paid extra 10.00 for expediting.

the reason i write today is that from what i read it sounds like Reliable resin is not a "reliable" company...this is my very first dealing with them and just dont knwo what else to do. they wont respond to e mails. and they wont even tell me when i might see kit??

This is directed to Dave Zinn, I have no idea what history you have with Reliable Resin , and I really don't care

It appears to me that you have some kind of Axe to Grind , and I for one am tired of reading your rants

Looks like others are getting tired of it as well

Quote Dave Zinn

"i said it before and i'll say it again, time and time again the complaints over and over are ALWAYS about Reliable resin. hate me for speaking my mind all you want but there is no denying the fact that this happens over and over again RELIABLY! almost like clockwork how reliably a complaint will pop up on the forums over and over regarding this ONE resin caster "

Looks like to me Dave , that your the one that's always starting the problems, the thread ( now locked ) in reference to the Cuda / Challenger conversion pkg ( which is one of the items I ordered with Reliable Resin ) It's a shame that there's bad apples hack in & hijack threads , that ruin it for all us

I'm new to the hobby , after being out of it for years. I found this message broad & the RESIN category thought " what a great place to find what I'm looking for "with out spending an arm & leg on original kits or spending hours fabrication to make what I want

When Reliable Resin posted the upcoming release of exactly what I wanted to build ( 71 Cuda / Challenger )

I was curious , as to what else they & other resin casters offered. In the past few months I've probably spend $400 w/ many resin companies, happy with most of what I ordered , there is one resin company that I ordered from , that I'm very disappointed with what I received

( it was not the Reliable Resins order )

I'm not the type of person to vent my feelings about what I received from this "other" resin caster & will not be ordering from them ever again

The order that I placed "Reliable Resins", I received an email stating it's in process & will be shipped with the next month . None of the other resin caster companies sent me an email or communicated w/ me at all , my impression of Reliable Resin, so far is that is company conducts themselves in a professional manner.

Marty

Edited by MustangDreams

I've viewed several of these discussions as they've become rants. I've had my dealings with Don in the past and weren't happy with them. BUT...... Others have had much more positive results. I've wondered at times if I'm being unfair in avoiding Reliable Resin. Is it really fair to look at something that occurred three years ago and take Don to task for it? Maybe its time to give him another opportunity to earn my business. With that being said, if you have a problem with Don or another caster cite dates and details. I'm a different person today than I was three years ago. Maybe some of us who have taken Don to task before (and I have) should give him another chance and not hold something from a few years ago against him.

Don.....may I suggest two things to you that might help your reputation?

1. If the discussion is about another caster, don't enter into the conversation. Even if you believe they as recasting something you've cast, unless you started with an unshaped block and shaped it to what you've cast, you have also recast something someone has made before. It may be an interior or a hood scoop from a long out of production kit. It might be a body that you've corrected. You still modified something that was made before. It is a recast.

2. You might think what you made is the only accurate widget in the world. But others may see flaws in it that you think are improvements. Simply state, "I believe this is the best widget in the world." That may imply its the best and only accurate widget but most people will find it easier to accept your opinion than your declaration of truth.

3. Don't be so forceful in your e-mails. I've saved some from you and they're not really what I think you'd want to receive or see published. While you'd like them to convince others of your viewpoint they only serve to anger the reader. You might not deserve that anger.

There is no arguing that Don has been quite successful in filling a niche. He has been able to be one of a handful of casters that have actually been able to make this a long term business. For that he should be praised. I'd like to see his actions not warrant

some of the extreme bitter feelings that they have surfaced.

FINALLY, I must salute Don. Unless he has posted while I've been writing, this discussion has gone on for two pages and several hours. I know he has watched it. He has yet to comment, attack others or defend himself. I doubt if many of us would have shown the same restraint.

Finally, part two..... Tonight, rather than criticizing or praising, let's have some fun and cut up some plastic.

sorry,

i am new to all this, i have built model cars since i was 6yrs old and am now close to 50. i have just started to really get back into the fun and i am building for other people. i was commisioned to build a 1971 firbird formula. i was looking for a kit closer to the original car then the monogram kit i have, that is where i stumblesd upon Reliable Resin. i contacted the business he contacted me back. after several e mails and phone contacts we agrred on price and when he would have the kit to me, my customner paid fro up front and we ordered through pay pal. that was august 10Th. i was promised 3 weeks and even paid extra 10.00 for expediting.

the reason i write today is that from what i read it sounds like Reliable resin is not a "reliable" company...this is my very first dealing with them and just dont knwo what else to do. they wont respond to e mails. and they wont even tell me when i might see kit??

James,

I have 2 of the SD Trans Ams on order form Reliable Resin. His normal shipping time is 4 to 6 weeks. So at 3 weeks he was looking out for you. Looking at your order date and the 3 weeks lead time the order is just due now. I know Don has had some things going on because last week I received my Mustang verts and called to tell him thanks. He told me about his issues and said my 2 TA would be shipped out by the end of this week. Seems to me like you are feeding into something before anything has happened.

Charles

Welcome,look forward to seeing your builds.

The Formula sounds interesting.

sorry,

By now everyone has heard the complaints about Reliable resin. :D

If you had good service from them in the past, then keep on buying from them. If you feel like you got screwed by them, then stop buying from them. Is that really so hard to comprehend?

Enough with these childish rants, it's really getting old.