Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished!! 1983 Bobby Allison Miller Buick

LVZ2881

My 2nd completion for this year, and I have already matched my 2007 build total.

Monogram kit and decals, decals coated with testors 9200.

box stock except for added plug wires

powerslide tire decals

tamiya white and clear.

my experiments with replicating anodized gold failed, so i just painted the wheels gold.

good news is now I already have my gold paint for my '88 Bobby Allison Miller Buick!! :blink:

completedbuilds001.jpg

completedbuilds002.jpg

completedbuilds003.jpg

Great build James.

Are you going to follow it up with his '88 Miller High Life Buick?

I do have that kit to build, but it will be down the road.

honestly, doing a two-tone paint job right now scares me a bit. dont have that much practice with it, and i need to figure out how to mask to fit specific decal patterns,and i have to mask off the white areas for that build. :(:(

I'm concentrating on my single color builds right now..

any tips you may have for either masking or spraying two tone would be appreciated...

Looks good James! I have enough sets of decals that I can build both versions (It started 83 as a Chevy!) but they are both well down the list of projects.

You just have to tackle a 2-tone paint scheme. Buy yourself some Tamiya Masking tape and use that for the break line. Make sure it's pushed down real tight. Cover the rest in standard brown masking tape and make sure that's well pushed down too.

It's not all that hard! Believe me! I've done a 4-color car...that was no harder then 2...just take it slow and be precise.

And remember to always spray the lighter color first!

• 4 weeks later...