Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevelle Wagon ProStreet Custom

Like so..

chevelleps040.jpg

chevelleps041.jpg

Because Daddy also get's the car to the strip, he needed a roll-cage, but it couldn't be too big for his daily driver. So I made this one by widened it 1cm in width, and sand it smooth

chevelleps042.jpg

I handpainted the tires to give it a bit more beefier look

chevelleps043.jpg

And finished the gastank, which is basically done, it just needs some wires for the gas-gauge.

chevelleps044.jpg

chevelleps045.jpg

I flocked some parts of the hood, to give it that sound-proofing material look

chevelleps046.jpg

The steering column got detailed by a metal pin, replacing the molded signal-beam

chevelleps047.jpg

The shocks were also modified, by cutting it in 3 pieces, replacing the middle piece by a piece of tubing and add some wires for springs. The white part is the original 'middle'-piece

chevelleps048.jpg

chevelleps049.jpg

I finished seatbelting the interior, it does needs some tweaking, but it is basically done

chevelleps050.jpg

chevelleps051.jpg

chevelleps052.jpg

For the baby I added some static-cling zoo-animals, as seen on 70's and 80's cars. (at least over here in Europe, they were a big hit)

chevelleps053.jpg

It needs to be known that this is no soccer-mom's car, so Daddy put his mark on it. Note also the Baby on board to the right of it.

chevelleps054.jpg

Thanks guys!

This kit has been wonderful to work on so far, the fit is really well. Especially when considering I am kitbashing 2 kits. There are a lot of possibilities to upgrade the detailling and altogether it comes out quite nice.

It is starting to come all together, the interior tub was put together, so I could finish up the last details in the car.

Chevelleps057.jpg

I flocked the (Fujimi) teddy-bear, to give it a bit more realistic appearance

Chevelleps058.jpg

Chevelleps059.jpg

It also needed a face, I manage to do that with a sharpie-pen

Chevelleps060.jpg

The teddy-bear is now making sure the baby is safe during a wild ride ;-)

Chevelleps061.jpg

Edited by The Creative Explorer

I added the carburetor-linkage, but that was a huge pain in the butt!. It is barely noticable on the picture, but there is a hair-thin wire running from the first carb-linkage to the black cable, quite frustrating!

chevelleps062.jpg

The front end was installed and now it starts to look like a Chevelle!

Chevelleps063.jpg

I also made a antenna out of a watch-part and acupuncture needle.

Chevelleps064.jpg

I think it looks convincing!

Chevelleps065.jpg

Chevelleps066.jpg

Instead of using the kit-hoses, I wanted to replace them. I found some tubing, but it was hollow and didn't stay contoured, so I stuck some copperwire in the tube and now it works with me, rather then against me

Chevelleps070.jpg

First I made a mold with just the copperwire...

Chevelleps071.jpg

...and then put the tubing on the wire and glued it in place.

Chevelleps072.jpg

Thanks all for the nice comments. It is appreciated. But if you see something where I messed up, please let me know too.

@tony, Todd and Rodney; Correct! It will be a babyseat and installed on the rear-seat.

Work progressed and I am working mostly on the mechanical parts.

I worked a bit more on the engine, added pulley's and some PE

chevelleps023.jpg

chevelleps024.jpg

After installing the exhaust's, I thought it would be a nice touch to add some heat-shields, I made them from aluminium

chevelleps025.jpg

chevelleps026.jpg

A dryfit with the interior, The gearbox is too high and the engine sits too high on the front-mounts, 2 issues that needs to be adressed.

chevelleps027.jpg

One one thing. The thing on top of the water pump going to the manifold, is supposed to be a rubber hose. Might want to give it a little black paint but other than that, everything is top shelf !!

It is the final countdown.....I mean Update :lol:

Basically all the work is done, the last little tidious things were quickly done. Most challenging was the inlet-scoop. The ProStreet kit was with 2 separate funnels, but the look didn't appeal to me. So I decided to find something different. Which was harder then I thought. I went through my spareparts over and over, until I finally found something, a supercharger scoop of an old (AMT?) engine. It was poorly detailled and in not so good shape. First I opened the opening on the front, than I sanded it down, until it fit underneath the hood and filled the seams and scratches with filler. I then sprayed it in gloss black and added a little pinstripe, just because. I think the outcome does match the car and fits nicely.

I added photo-etch windshield wipers.

chevelleps073.jpg

And the hoodscoop finished and in place.

chevelleps074.jpg

At this point I thought I was actually done, it took me to today to realise I forgot 2 things:

The side-mirror....

chevelleps075.jpg

....And the exhaust, which also needed a little bit of modification...

chevelleps076.jpg

...which can be seen here, between the exhaust manifold and the rear-piece. I had to place a little bit in between, otherwise there would've been a 3mm gap.

chevelleps077.jpg

Does look sweet :mrgreen:

chevelleps078.jpg