Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little T, big wheels

CB

Found a Coddington 32 in my stash ;) , and at the time I definitely knew I wasn't gonna use them big wheels, so I used em for de-chromiumin practise. Anyhow, while at my LHS last time or two ago, I noticed these 1/32 rods by Lindberg, and got the idea of pasting some big ol donky wheels on one of em. Since I membered I had the C-ton 32, I figgered I'd use it's wheels on the 25T. Heres where its at so far.

bitofaraketothebody-vi.jpg

Just can't keep from workin on it. Strangest thing is I'm gluebombin it, but puttin little details into it, and it's 1/32 scale, or in other words -SMALL!

needsfrontshocks-vi.jpg

I already drilled the engine for plug wires, gonna add radiator hoses.

areinsanetowirea132scaleengine-vi.jpg

Got to try out my new heat gun when I made a new front axle

newaxlefreshfromheatgun-vi.jpg

deframeDeFrame-vi.jpg

I gotta finish it before it finishes me!

Oh yeah, more wip pix in my fotki:http://public.fotki.com/V866/big-wheel-t-rod/

Edited by Crap'n Blaque

:blink: ######, ######'n you jus caint leave nuttin alone, can yuz? But I guess thas ok too,Caz wit them Big ass binoculars whut you be wearin, you probly could see it ifn it was onna moon an you was at home in Saxonburg! BUT is yer ARMS that long? Well as my ol pal Tito would say," Keep on Keepin on!!!" If'n anyone can make it look like a gen-u-wine piece o' ######'n, youse da MAN!!!! :blink:

FANTABOOLUSSS!!!!

Wutaneye U got.

It's the miniature alter-ego of your big-scale belt sander wooden rod of a few months back. Love it, love it, love it - you're turnin' into a detailin' fool! The build sequence on your Fotki is outa site...

B.

Edited by gbk1

Thanks guys, great how yinz guys already know me :lol: ! Must be the perfectionist in me Bernard, that is goin after the li'l details. Kinda good to 'practise' in 1/32, then go to 1/25. Might even be able to lose them bigass binoculrs on the 1/25s.

Don't know what I'm gonna do wit the 1/8 scale 32 what's waitin fer me at the PO :D I'll do me best to make it a fine piece o ######'n, George :blink::D:o !

Thanks fer rememinding me bout the wooden rod, Bernard. It's come a little way since ya'll saw it, and then I had to put it in a box coz I got obbessedd with something else :D , but I do hopes to get back to it someday. Just got my grandson a pedalcar I'm in the process of rattin out and flamin, at least I gotta get that done before he outgrows it ;)

Well gents, changes have beeen made. went ahead and got a li'tl rear deck glued up and ruff sanded into shape, taped it into place on the bod and set em on the chassis, just don't look right - too much rake on the body. didn't want to, but had to remove the rear radius rods coz they weren't letting the body sit down on the frrame. even whe n the body was down, the rear 'deck' just wasn't lookin right

BIGWHEEL189-vi.jpg

so, I offed the radius rods, got the body down, stuck the winnshield & ragtop on, and I do believe it's now lookin more like the idea (or pain ;) ) that orignially came into me head.

BIGWHEEL212-vi.jpg

just hafta find, or make, a gas tank for behind the tub, & I can start gettin it done. Still tryin to come up with colors - any suggestsidons?

I'd post more pix, but fotki and this board aint co-opterating for me today, like they did yesterday :D

few more new wip pix in my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/V866/big-wheel-t-rod/page2.html

Edited by Crap'n Blaque

shucks, Chuhck, lets jest try dat dare fer th Carpn'

BIGWHEEL202-vi.jpg

him say, "if'n ya gots it, flaunt it"

BIGWHEEL201-vi.jpg

I dont think him sayed anyting bout this un.............'k, one more?

BIGWHEEL199-vi.jpg

yep, him say this th one what shows it just need a gas em up tank inna back dere

Guest Gramps-xrds

######'n, That's one mean lookin ride old bud. Some of those 1/32s had some good detail in them and they made some I wish were made in 1/25 scale. I had a couple that I gave my boy for his race track a while back. One was a 32 plymouth sedan and the other was 32 Dodge or Chrysler sedan. Not sure if pyro made them or not, but they sure looked cool and were pretty well detailed.

Keep up the good work :D;)

shucks, Chuhck, lets jest try dat dare fer th Carpn'

BIGWHEEL202-vi.jpg

him say, "if'n ya gots it, flaunt it"

BIGWHEEL201-vi.jpg

I dont think him sayed anyting bout this un.............'k, one more?

BIGWHEEL199-vi.jpg

yep, him say this th one what shows it just need a gas em up tank inna back dere

WOW !! Now That's what I'm Talkin' about :o:(

This is just outrageously COOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL !! ;) Great imagination and follow through - I love it !! ;)

I'm gonna watch this and see how you finish it.

The Treehugger( I love my tree's too :D )

######'n, That's one mean lookin ride old bud. Some of those 1/32s had some good detail in them and they made some I wish were made in 1/25 scale. I had a couple that I gave my boy for his race track a while back. One was a 32 plymouth sedan and the other was 32 Dodge or Chrysler sedan. Not sure if pyro made them or not, but they sure looked cool and were pretty well detailed.

Keep up the good work :D:lol:

Thanks Gramps. I had no idea of what to expect when I opened the box. Figgered there wouldn't be no chrome, which aint no problem, but I sure wasn't ready for this here Caddy engine. Perty darn detailed fer a onethuddytoo if'n I says so myownself :blink: . Couldn't not do a li'tl plumbin work on it seein hows it were beggin fer it :D

acksaddedandbiggergeneratortoo-vi.jpg

Gonna hafta see what else they had in the li'l scale. perty sure I member a 49r there. dunno ifn the full bodies got any engines in em tho. Now, there'd be a porjeck! :blink: build a super detaliled 49 taildragger wit openin doors, hood, & trunk. Might as weel put them air valves in the rims too :D !

hey thankx for the kind words, Raul & Dave :D . I think one of the best things bout this forum is how we get inspired from seein what our fellow modelers are doin. This kinda started out from my seeing some of the great builds goin on of the old classic rod bodies with the big BIG wheels. Even tho I woulld prefer they all had Astro mags, or Crager S/S mags on em, some of the guys are makin the 'old classic rods' look perty darn good with them 23s or 20s or whatever them are.

I originally did this to poke fun at the big wheel look, but things have a way of workin out a little diffeernt than what we planned sometimes :D . After seeing a magazine on 1:1 Donks, it opened my eyes a li'l more, and I guess my heart & mind too. Not that I plan on buildin any of the Donk type models, but I gotta admit there was some pretty interesting Donks in that magazine. I can just imagine 'Donk-ing' my 06 Caravan :blink: !

I'm thinkin about this here ride a li'l diferent now. Mebbe like you say, Raul, Ed Roth mighta done somethin like this back then, and maybe someone in the 'Donk' crowd had/has the same daring that he had. Near as I could figure, ifn' this was a 1:1 them wheels would be about 34" :lol: .

I've always thought it would be way cool to see some of the builds here in 1:1 and we could actually drive them. Either I'm goin more crazy, or I'm feelin the same way bout this big wheeled T :blink::D

:D ######'n this year me an my Big Brudder went to the annual Auto-Rama, at Cobo Hall,Downtown. One of the vendors there had a display with an old Mack truck that was all customed out like sompin Mr. BIGGS might do, chopped, sectioned and channeled,with some BIG A$$ 36's in it.I asked him how big did his company make them an he told me that they custom build the rims up to 48 in. the tires for them were custom made too,to fit the rims.The truck on display had almost 90,000 in tires/rims on it!What I'm gettin at is you might not be that crazy afterall! they sure can get you some 32's to fit yer hoopty if ya were to build it for real!Personally I likeses it,And I thin it would look pretty good in 1:1,so if some customizer sees it ....jus mebbe you could like get a patent on tha idea!Wha... you can never tell, this may be the start of a whole new genre of car! THA DONK ROADSTER!,An bein onna ground floor o; the trend, hey, you could be talkin BIG BUCKS!I mean how did Boyd, or Lil jon, OR even ROTH get started??!!I can see it now,,,DONKSTERS By THE ######'N!!! wow you are da MAN ######'n!!! :lol::D:D:blink:

:D ######'n this year me an my Big Brudder went to the annual Auto-Rama, at Cobo Hall,Downtown. One of the vendors there had a display with an old Mack truck that was all customed out like sompin Mr. BIGGS might do, chopped, sectioned and channeled,with some BIG A$$ 36's in it.I asked him how big did his company make them an he told me that they custom build the rims up to 48 in. the tires for them were custom made too,to fit the rims.The truck on display had almost 90,000 in tires/rims on it!What I'm gettin at is you might not be that crazy afterall! they sure can get you some 32's to fit yer hoopty if ya were to build it for real!Personally I likeses it,And I thin it would look pretty good in 1:1,so if some customizer sees it ....jus mebbe you could like get a patent on tha idea!Wha... you can never tell, this may be the start of a whole new genre of car! THA DONK ROADSTER!,An bein onna ground floor o; the trend, hey, you could be talkin BIG BUCKS!I mean how did Boyd, or Lil jon, OR even ROTH get started??!!I can see it now,,,DONKSTERS By THE ######'N!!! wow you are da MAN ######'n!!! :D:D:blink:;)

how bout "######'n Donksters"? :blink::lol::P 48s? :blink:

well gents, got to spend a little mo crazy time at tha bench scratchin a gassem up tank fer the trips on the Caddy in the Li'l T

LilTgastankWIPpix-vi.jpg

and 'welded' in place :unsure:

BIGWHEEL245-vi.jpg

gotta figger out how to seal them big gaping holes inthe tank up :rolleyes:<_< , get a steering arm linker on and I can start sloshin some paint. Still haint made up my mind bout body colors :mellow:

:unsure: Well, ######'n, theres that subtle sense o humor o yers again.A STRAW! fer a gassem up tank!I get it ,a straw fer tha ride to drink from!Yu gotta be as warpeded as me ######'n, THATS why I likeses you so mucho!Get all dollied up so's we can see 'er done,an go cruzin fer da chickies!(it's ok if deys small, caz my ol girl tells me I aint all that either!) <_<:rolleyes::rolleyes::mellow:

:lol: Well, ######'n, theres that subtle sense o humor o yers again.A STRAW! fer a gassem up tank!I get it ,a straw fer tha ride to drink from!Yu gotta be as warpeded as me ######'n, THATS why I likeses you so mucho!Get all dollied up so's we can see 'er done,an go cruzin fer da chickies!(it's ok if deys small, caz my ol girl tells me I aint all that either!) ;):lol::lol::lol:

Hey George :lol:

You and ######'n are toooooooo much :lol:

Love the build - Still followin' it ;)

:lol: Well, ######'n, theres that subtle sense o humor o yers again.A STRAW! fer a gassem up tank!I get it ,a straw fer tha ride to drink from!Yu gotta be as warpeded as me ######'n, THATS why I likeses you so mucho!Get all dollied up so's we can see 'er done,an go cruzin fer da chickies!(it's ok if deys small, caz my ol girl tells me I aint all that either!) ;):lol::lol:
;):lol: I don't kno if'n I 'gotta' be asswarpeded as you George, butr I are havin fun beint Wrarpdedd :lol: ! 'sides, it's just a li'l thang---wait'll I gets wapaarrppedd in 1/8 scale :o ! Tha's probly why Gramps won't let us be his dustubunnnies :P !! Well, tha' must be what's goin on today, must be feelin mo wrarpped and thought the world would be safer ifn' I stayerd at the workdbench thrashin on the Li'l T. Now 'at its gots a drink tank, needed sumpin ta keep the front wheels straight so I put my superedloooper goggles on and scratched steery stuff and supergooed em inta place.

scratchysteeringparts-vi.jpg

scratchysteeringpartsassembled-vi.jpg

steerylinkagesupergooed-vi.jpg

probly gonna try'n find some ignition wires now, mebbe I'll go to Advance Autr Prats and ask for 'plug wires for a 1/32 Caddy engine' :lol:

Hey George :lol:

You and ######'n are toooooooo much :lol:

Love the build - Still followin' it :lol:

Howdy do, Dave! Glad yer followin along! sometime tha's what I feels like I'ma doin wit this here Li'l T. I just hope I can apply this to me other builds. Thank God fer this here outlet for my imagiainganiton ;) , and fer me buddy George eggin.........I mean, encourgagin me on ;) not that I dont 'preciated all ya'lls kindly words too, but George is special :lol::lol::lol: !!

well gents, got to spend a little mo crazy time at tha bench scratchin a gassem up tank fer the trips on the Caddy in the Li'l T

LilTgastankWIPpix-vi.jpg

and 'welded' in place :lol:

BIGWHEEL245-vi.jpg

gotta figger out how to seal them big gaping holes inthe tank up ;):lol: , get a steering arm linker on and I can start sloshin some paint. Still haint made up my mind bout body colors :lol:

Thanx for the words on the Cord. Still unsure if that's what's going on the bench. Been following the build on your KOOL T. Wuz thinkin you might find some 1/25 hub caps with V8 or Ford emblems for the ends of your gas tank?!

I have to agree with the gentleman who responded with the comment about the late Ed Roth . However I would like to go on record as saying that the model resembles something from the studios of Mr . Chip Foose. It really hit me when I saw the photograph of the model with the top up . Interesting.................. Ed Shaver

Thanx for the words on the Cord. Still unsure if that's what's going on the bench. Been following the build on your KOOL T. Wuz thinkin you might find some 1/25 hub caps with V8 or Ford emblems for the ends of your gas tank?!
find some 1/25 hub caps with V8 or Ford emblems for the ends of your gas tank

find some 1/25 hub caps with V8 or Ford emblems for the ends of your gas tank find some 1/25 hub caps with V8 or Ford emblems for the ends of your gas tank find some 1/25 hub caps with V8 or Ford emblems for the ends of your gas tank find some freakin' 1/25 hub caps with V8 or Ford emblems for the ends of your gas tank!!!!! :blink::blink::huh::o What'd you say 84? I keep hearin voices tellin me to look fer hubcaps! OH! dats YOU?! why dint ya say so? tha's a most exceleelnt idea--THANKS! :blink:

MAN, WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YINZ GUYS :rolleyes: