Model Cars Magazine Forum

'25 Ford Model T Coupe

RodBurNeR

Well i finally got this sucker done tonight, thanks to Dave Kelley for the headlights and taillights! ;D

This is what i started with, it was a glue bomb and most of the suspension parts did break taking it apart. I repaired a lot of them parts including the front axle, hair pins and radius rods. I did a little scratchbuilding when i made the shifter and cut the carb throats from other carbs to glue onto these. Modelhaus tires, Old kit Lancer caps. Modified the "wheel off" Buick drums that used to come in the 3n1 kits and used them as part of the wheel backs on the front. Can't think what hood ornament that was, but i cut it down and filed it to fit on the grille shroud since the "stock" one was busted. Painted Mystic Marroon by Testors, built as a Traditional late 50s Rod.

100_1748-vi.jpg

here it is with a new life!

101_0012-vi.jpg

100_0191-vi.jpg

100_0256-vi.jpg

100_0236-vi.jpg

100_0239-vi.jpg

100_0241-vi.jpg

Edited by awbcrazy

Very Nicely Done ;) I am eagerly wating to see if this one gets reissued... :o The Caps look a bit like Dodge Lancer Caps of the 1950's though, as Olds Fiesta Caps were typically a Tri-Bar/Flipper Design.....

thank you!

yes '53-'55 Olds were 3 bar like this..

53-55-olds-spinner-hubcap.jpg

the lancer is what i used.....see i am really tired and dont know what i was thinking lol now i have to go edit all my posts! haha

lancer.jpg

Sorry about that, it's actually a common mistake that I have seen on some model kits and kit instructions(Bit of a Hubcap Nerd at times)...... Hard to tell the Hood Ornament you used, but if you modfied the Old one in the before pic, thats a Motometer with a Winged Cap...... The cap was ofcourse for the Radiator, and the Motometer was a Thermometer that helped with regulating the Cool System Temps(An accurate at the time, way to monitor the system, since they were for before Waterpumps, and Dash Temp Guages).....

Bob, that is really cool! Great save. Those Lancer caps were offered as a custom option in many of AMT's '60 annual kits; a great period touch!

Thank you! as stated they are Modelhaus tires. You can order from them online or see them at some of the larger shows. www.modelhaus.com I use them on a lot of builds, they are the nicest available and come in all kinds of sizes and styles and brands.