Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 phaeton

Lyle Willits

Another '32 Ford,,,,what a surprise. Here's my inspiration from the wonderful photo albums of DAVE LINDSAY.

Dsc02572vi-vi.jpg

I combined a Revell roadster cowl with an AMT phaeton body, made body mods, where necessary, and dropped it onto Revell fenders.

001-vi.jpg

I'm using '37 Ford pickup wheels, thinned from behind to open the slots. Bare Metal Foil trim rings and valve stems added.

003-vi.jpg

Using much of the tudor sedan interior parts so I had to fill the door lines and scribe new ones that match the body.

004-vi.jpg

My phaeton kit was one of the older issues so it had the front bench seat, but i had to match the other pleated parts so i grafted the patterns from 2 Speedwagon rear seats.

006-vi.jpg

Gonna have a small block Chevy.

007-vi.jpg

That's looking really nice, Lyle!! I know how much work is involved in getting an AMT body to fit onto the Revell chassis...several years ago I put a Vicky body on the Revell chassis...All I can say is "never again..."

Keep up the GREAT work! I can't wait to see this one finished!!

That's looking really nice, Lyle!! I know how much work is involved in getting an AMT body to fit onto the Revell chassis...several years ago I put a Vicky body on the Revell chassis...All I can say is "never again..."

Keep up the GREAT work! I can't wait to see this one finished!!

Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Md. make a Vickie body and interior that drops right onto a Revell kit.

Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Md. make a Vickie body and interior that drops right onto a Revell kit.

And...I'll bet it looks a lot nicer than the AMT body that I used...but that project is already behind me...

I really wish that they/he would build a website. It would make it a lot easier for many of us to see and order what's available from them/him.

X-2 looking good Lyle cant wait to see this one finished.

I have a question. Do the rims come in that kit or are they aftermarket.? Thanks in advance.

Anthony R.

-_- Okay,,,,,technically I didn't say they were Revell '37 Ford pickup wheels. Otherwise, you would have to sit in the corner for an hour for not reading the captions. B)

;) Okay,,,,,technically I didn't say they were Revell '37 Ford pickup wheels. Otherwise, you would have to sit in the corner for an hour for not reading the captions. -_-

hahahaha. You almost had me. I have been looking for some of those and had no luck, people told me they where on the ford p/u but not what year. and thank's for the fast responce. I will be on a mission to find some now B) .

Anthony R.