Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Amoco projek for George 7-12

Eshaver

• 1 month later...

Oh man, Ed! These here pix are bringin' back so many memnories! B) Wished I coulda worked at the Amoco station for 30 years instead of puttin' 33 years in at the steel mill. I was just about ready to get my inspection mechanic certifrication when I got the call to the mill.......and the self serve stations were comin'-- you could see it comin' to an end. Really enjoyed the pumping the gas & doin' the repair work.

Yer buildem up really capturds the spirit of them ol' garages. ;) I remembers puttin' many a tire on & off with that ol' tire machine :blink: You's gotcha a bucket of 'RuGlyde' handy to it? :blink:

Ed, This bad boy came out GREAT!!! Ya need ta put a big ol 500 gallon bulk oil tank over in the background,so's my buddy Frank can put oil in his ol 64 T-bird! Won't say it burned oil, but it sure USED ALOT of it! It only cost about 20 cents a quart back then!!!! Great Job,Ed, it looks PERFECT!!!(I REALLY liked the WRAPPED tires! WHEN was the last time we saw THAT!!!) :lol::D;):D;)

:rolleyes: Yeah, wrapped tires-- what a pain! I remember un-wrapping them suckers :angry: -- what a mess! and all for less than minimum wage! Bossman even told me at one point if'n I got me a haircut he'd pay me minimum wage <_< ....yeah right Ed (dat was Bossman's name too :P )

I got a haircut, but it weren't good enuff :angry:

Glad the tire makers quit wrapping them-- didn't make sense at me anyhow :huh: why wrap 'em, when they gonna be out in the mud & snow anyhows? How'd you do yours Ed (Bossman :P )

:o Yeah, wrapped tires-- what a pain! I remember un-wrapping them suckers :P -- what a mess! and all for less than minimum wage! Bossman even told me at one point if'n I got me a haircut he'd pay me minimum wage :o ....yeah right Ed (dat was Bossman's name too :P )

I got a haircut, but it weren't good enuff :o

Glad the tire makers quit wrapping them-- didn't make sense at me anyhow :huh: why wrap 'em, when they gonna be out in the mud & snow anyhows? How'd you do yours Ed (Bossman :P )

Weeeeeeell Cr... N - I just took some 3- M masking tape and cut it to an 1/8th inch wide . Then I got me some Chock fulla Nuts coffee and proceded to wrap dem suckas while listening to Michiael Savage on the radio. I did , I spose a dozen of em as he was a goin on bout the new book Banned in Brittian . I'm going to buy the book cause I like ole Michiael even thought I don't agree with every thing he says bout certain folks . Hope that answeres yer question thar ! Ed Shaver