Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "It's Only A Hobby Garage" Update!

Mike Whatshisname

On the workbench for two years and will be for another two years I am sure...

It has been a couple months since I posted pics of the garage diorama from Heck!!! I started it in 2004 as a place to collect pieces of diorama fodder and eventually turn it into a garage diorama. I doubt that it will ever be completed as I can still see the concrete floor.

12Garagecont.jpg

I bought a Fujimi garage kit for the dio parts and since I had the walls I set them up and covered one with balsa and the other with styrene concrete blocks from plastruct.

Garagecont-2.jpg

Whenever I need a break from building a dio or model car, I will paint a few single dio pieces and place them in this garage. Like I said, that started 2 years ago and I have accumilated quite a bunch of stuff.

Garagecont-6.jpg

There is a ton of scratchbuilt stuff including a hip gyrating (sp?) Elvis clock, benches, cabinets and various tools. Yes, even the feathers on the darts are scratchbuilt.

garageII018.jpg

As you can probably tell, I liked the tools from the Fujimi garage so much that I ended up purchasing a second kit and eventually added on a second half of the garage.

11Garagecont.jpg

Check out the photobucket album. The pics are not in chronological order but you should get the idea.

7Garagecont.jpg

Have fun with it... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v482/bonzomoretti/?start=0

The "It's Only A Hobby" Garage!

• 2 weeks later...