Model Cars Magazine Forum

How can i convert a Revell 68 Dart into a 67

It's pretty much the same car. The big difference is the grill and tail lights and there is a vendor who makes a resin conversion kit to do that. I believe the vendor is RDSXFAN2 on eBay. You also show a two door sedan rather than a hard top. The same vendor offers the sedan body. I just checked on eBay and he's not offering the Dart items this week, but check back. Beyond that, you will need to flatten the bumps on the '68's hood and change some trim.

Making the grill itself has probably caused many people to give up:

67-dodge-dart-front-s.jpg

You'd almost have to have that part done as a photoetched piece. Model Car Garage doesn't make a '67 grille, though. :(

I would start with the resin Dart Sedan body, Rick, if I you decided to forge ahead.

Making the grill itself has probably caused many people to give up:

67-dodge-dart-front-s.jpg

You'd almost have to have that part done as a photoetched piece. Model Car Garage doesn't make a '67 grille, though. :(

The grill is done in resin and is part of the '67 conversion set I mentioned above. I have it and it looks good!

The grill is done in resin and is part of the '67 conversion set I mentioned above. I have it and it looks good!

I've seen it, but it has about half as many vertical bars in the grille as it should and the area outboard of the headlight buckets is wrong, too:

1967 Darts also differ :

- Tail lamps ; and the backup lamps are in the bumper

- No side markers

- Interior doorlock pushbuttons are further-forward than the '68 & later models (don't know if you're going so far as to add this minute detail)

- Interior upholstery pattern is different

These are the only in-scale differences that I can think of right off :) . Now all that's needed is for Revell to backdate their excellent '68 Dart kit to 1967 specs !