Model Cars Magazine Forum

These are the only 2 pics i can find of the real thing. I have no idea what the light bar detail should be, infact dont even know what the light bar name is.

It looks like some sort of roof bar maybe is fitted to the real thing.

post-11738-0-30024900-1400682427_thumb.j

post-11738-0-79054100-1400682528_thumb.j

Edited by English Jules

thanks, really annoyed with the decal sheet having the wrong sized bits, totally throws it out compared to the real thing.

Will have it next to a local PD car, either a burnt out car wreck nearby or a front of a shop........not sure which, what do you guys think?

The lightbar you're looking for is this one:

http://www.policecarmodels.com/1stliformopo.html

For some reason, they have it listed as a Street Hawk light bar but the picture shows the right one. If you're interested, you should email Jeff at the site just to be sure it is what you're looking for. He's a great guy to deal with. That light bar originally came with the Classic Metal Works Crown Victoria.

The lightbar you're looking for is this one:

http://www.policecarmodels.com/1stliformopo.html

For some reason, they have it listed as a Street Hawk light bar but the picture shows the right one. If you're interested, you should email Jeff at the site just to be sure it is what you're looking for. He's a great guy to deal with. That light bar originally came with the Classic Metal Works Crown Victoria.

Had stuff off him before. I have a load of those pictured, infact its the first one i tried,. Its not long enough, you can see on the real thing how far to the edge it is, but that light bar you show doesnt get close to it

In that case you should get in touch with Dave Panek. He makes some top notch light bars:

http://8957700.weebly.talkiforum.com/20111128/dave-panek-lightbars-1054960/

Got some of his stuff also. If i can in the future find the correct real light bar all around pics, i would like to scratch build one, like i do with the bases and fittings on these plug in place light bars. Trouble is shipping to the UK now, even for little light things.

great thanks, will be of great help.

Would you have any idea of the colour of the real thing on top of the SUV? it looks yellow, but im guessing its clear, so the colour will be on the small bulbs