Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just a thought how would you design a paint rack?

I prefer to keep bottles of paints in short Tupperware containers away from my work table.

Instead of displaying everything you've purchased I like to keep stuff away from taking up space on my work bench.

I usually have a color in mind when I need paint so they're easy enough to spot in a plastic container.

Everything stays dust free.

CadillacPat

I have an old tackle box that I stopped using a few years back because it is way to big for what I needed, so yesterday I got it out and put almost all of my building stuff in it. It has 3 fold out shelves that have plastic separators I can move as needed. The only thing that won't fit is the cans of paint like Testors. So far it's good, but always looking for better ways to contain my madness!

I used to have a Testors Paint rack from a Michaels that was upgrading or moving, do not recall.

Now, I have NO idea what they were originally for but my wife picked up the racks I use at a rummage sale. The spray cans and larger cans of automotive paint, in a large box under the rack. In this picture the racks are to the left and you can see the box with spray cans under that. ON the desk, to the right is the drawers I keep the smaller bottles, and the artists acrylics in. The organizers at the back of the desk hold tires/wheels, and small parts that have been sorted, deatail items, PE etc..

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/uploads/med_gallery_8985_809_396788.jpg

I built a paint cabinet to fill a small space I had available in my hobby room. The top two drawers are for Testors and Vallejo bottle paints and are tall enough for the One Shot sized spray cans. The bottom two drawers are for regular size spray cans.

IMG-20121118-00070.jpg