Model Cars Magazine Forum

TIE X-WING INTERCEPTOR IS FINISHED!

ROATATING DISK!

I applied a couple coats of Filler/Primer.

DSCN7742T_zpsa110ab15.jpg

Then I cut a circle shaped piece of plastic to fit between the Body and the Cockpit. This will allow the Cockpit to rotate and make the gluing of the Body and Cockpit much easier.

DSCN7750T_zps7f1a5aa9.jpg

More Coming... B)

ROCKET STAND!

I drilled a hole in the bottom of the Tie X-Wing. Then I put some glue on the end of a length of plastic tubing and slid it in the hole.
Then I put some Zap-A-Gap glue around the tubing where it comes out of the body.

DSCN7891T_zps3b928262.jpg

Next I cut off the tubing flush with the body. I am using steel wire to hold up the Tie X-Wing on the display stand. The wire fits right in the tubing.

DSCN7908_zpsbfa92450.jpg

More Coming... B)

DETAILS...

I added a flat plastic strip on top of one seam, for each Supercharger. This will give me a good surface for gluing to the Engine.

DSCN8106T_zps2e510b3c.jpg

Then I added a half round plastic strip to the other seam on each Supercharger. No reason, I just thought it looked more interesting.

DSCN8102T_zps1e3d9c57.jpg

I had to remove the ring from the backs of these covers so that they will fit on the sides of the cockpit.

DSCN8107T_zpse03fd767.jpg

More Coming... B)

ALUMINUM & MAGNESIUM!

I sprayed the parts with Model Master Aluminum Plate. Then I buffed everything with a soft rag.

DSCN8112T_zpsee995b64.jpg

Next I hand painted the Engines with Model Master Magnesium. I decided to mount the Tie X-Wing on a Star Wars Pod Racer Base.

DSCN8156T_zps80edf2a7.jpg

More Coming... B)

This is by far the most interesting build going on here right now.. I'm detracting from the other amazing builds, but those are all based on things that actually exist .. this is just sooo flippin' cool

Thanks Dan!

Glad you like it... B)

INSTRUMENT PANELS!

These decals are from a Revell Jet Fighter Kit. I made a copy, a little bigger, on the printer/copier. The copy is easier to work with and I can print it to whatever size I need.

DSCN8247T_zps74ce9875.jpg

Here is the right side Panel glued in place.

DSCN8253T_zps4491d635.jpg

Here is the left side. I am going to add some more definition with a fine line Sharpie later.

DSCN8250T_zps59bf9b2a.jpg

More Coming... B)

LUKE...IS THAT YOU?

I was expecting a Darth Vader Pilot in the Tie Interceptor Kit. Luke is about an inch tall, I painted him with acrylics. Looks a lot like Skywalker to me...

DSCN8235T_zpsaa9341cc.jpg

Here he is in the cockpit. I applied a black wash to Luke and painted the edges of the Instrument Panels to blend in.

DSCN8263T_zpsf9ee9885.jpg

Here is the view through the Windshield Opening.

DSCN8268T_zps886df80e.jpg

More Coming... B)

BRASS & MAGNESIUM!

I panted the engines and some small details with Model Masters Magnesium.

DSCN8393T_zps88b611a3.jpg

Next I drilled two holes in each Engine, one for each end of the Brass Wire.

DSCN8385T_zps23c8e3ba.jpg

Then I inserted the Wire in the first hole and tightly wound it around the Engine and inserted the other end in the second hole. Brass Wire is very flexible so you can squeeze it down for a real tight fit.

DSCN8389T_zps790020c5.jpg

More Coming... B)