#1 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:02 AM

Here is my first 2011 completed project. It is the Revell Mopar Craftsman Nascar truck built primarily out of the box with a few additions or changes. The ride height has been lowered to better the stance and I used a Modern Motorsports resin exhaust in place of the kit part. The decals are from JWTBM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 ra7c7er

ra7c7er

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Roach

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

The truck looks great. Nice paint and the decals look like they went on well. Were those stock decals or aftermarket? I have always heard that the stock decals on the trucks are not very good.

-----

Amazing . Lotsa detail . Just right . I know you won't get many comments as NASCAR has fallen out of favor in the Hobby World . What did it for me are two things ;
All makes sharing the same body . Why is it still called Stock Car Racing ? Two ...Jap Scraps competing . IMHO ..Really ?? Those aren't any better than anything else . Look at whom is making headlines for re-calls . I was an Industry Insider . Did you ever try to get replacement parts from Japan ? The costs of the parts and time involved to get them negate the fuel savings . Once again ..IMHO ..perception . I am allowed IMHO . Thanx ..

Ummm... wow.

#3 TheCat

TheCat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Full Name:Felix Plaza

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

AWESOME looking truck. Love the detail and the weathering you did on the muffler system. <_<

#4 Greg Cullinan

Greg Cullinan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Full Name:GREG

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

Cool truck,you did a nice job and built this very cleanly.
Decals looks phenominal. Never got into NASCAR but always thought the trucks were the coolest.

#5 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

The truck looks great. Nice paint and the decals look like they went on well. Were those stock decals or aftermarket? I have always heard that the stock decals on the trucks are not very good.

The decals are aftermarket. They were from a company called Just Want to Build a Model. The decals may still be readily available on Ebay from time to time. They are awesome and went on great.

Thanks for the comments.

Edited by 1320wayne, 07 January 2011 - 12:24 PM.

#6 Kanedge

Kanedge

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Full Name:Kane

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

Great job on the bodywork and decals, the whole model looks good actually. Nice.

#7 gunner

gunner

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Full Name:Sean Gavin

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

Very nice truck, hopefully we will see more this year?