4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

I just wrapped this one up. On the whole, the kit's an abomination. Bad fit on most everything. HOWEVER I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fun building it. :lol:

I stumbled across the old Car Craft magazine which gave me the inspiration to build it. I free-handed the whole paint job with my airbrush and wired the magneto. Thank you for looking. :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Randy Kern

Randy Kern

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Full Name:Randy

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:43 AM

Mike, any vehicle with skulls on it is cool, and that's a great build for that kit! Superb airbrushing, also. Those show rods are always fun, quirky subjects to build. Very nice.

#3 Luis Ayala

Luis Ayala

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Full Name:Luis Ayala

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:27 PM

That freehand paint turn out GREAT!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

#4 Mike

Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:20 AM

Thank you very much for the compliments guys. It's very much appreciated. :D I need to figure out how to display it with the magazine now. LOL

#5 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Full Name:Lyle Willits

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:10 AM

GREAT BUILD ! And, in general, I don't even like "show cars". But this one brings back fond memories, even though I still have that magazine (and about 3000 more from 6 decades). There are a certain few show cars that really defined my car experiences during my teenage years, such as this one, Little Coffin and most of the Roth cars. I never built this model, but I don't think I could do it justice, as you have. I love it!

Right about here, Dan Peterson would type "Lyle Love's it". Get it? Ha ha. Okay, that's over with now.