#1 Exotics_Builder

Exotics_Builder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Paquette

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

My very good friend from Bellevue WA, Jim Greene, visited us for a few days. He is spending June doing visits to family in Iowa and then to Nashville for his sister’s granddaughters wedding.

Jim and I were members of the Puget Sound Auto Modelers Association (he still is) and, since we lived within two miles of each other and had common interests, did a lot of model and big car related stuff. Even more beneficial, both our wives were not interested in this, so they let us go off and play.

Anyway, I took Jim to the Lake Michigan Model Car Club Meeting and on Sunday, we did a bunch of shows. First was the Oakbrook Illinois Classic Car Show:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next, after stops at Des Plaines Hobbies and Ad Venture Hobby, we went to a Chevrolet car show at an Auto Dealer in Libertyville Illinois:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That’s Jim checking out a Grand Sport “clone”. As Jim spent about 20 years working around a real one, he applied a much more critical eye than I could.

On Monday, I took him up to Model Empire in Milwaukee and then to the Volo Auto Museum:
Posted Image

Posted Image

I have a bit of a problem that it is called a museum since it is mainly a consignment car sales store with some movie clones (some quite gauche).

Anyway, it was a fun time. Here’s a link to the album with all the pictures

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s110/exotics_builder/2012%20Fathers%20Day%20Car%20Shows/

#2 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,759 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Some terrific vehicles there. Thanks for sharing, Gerry.