'32 Tudor Sedan (before the new one comes out)

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Full Name:Lyle Willits

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:45 AM

I built this one a couple of years ago using a somewhat modified Switchers body. Had to scratchbuild the interior side panels. Modified a bench seat for the front and used another Revell '32 seat for the back. The whole thing is built on the Revell '32 3-window kit.
Posted Image
Oh yeah,,,,it's chopped.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Len Woodruff

Len Woodruff

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Full Name:Len Woodruff

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:04 AM

I built this one a couple of years ago using a somewhat modified Switchers body. Had to scratchbuild the interior side panels. Modified a bench seat for the front and used another Revell '32 seat for the back. The whole thing is built on the Revell '32 3-window kit.

Nice job Lyle! Where did you get the Chevy engine from?

#3 Peter Lombardo

Peter Lombardo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Full Name:Peter

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:10 AM

Ok Lyle, great build as usual, but you need to explain the hood to me. Did you cut the louvers by hand or what? The hinges I get, I am curious how you did the louvers. Thanks. P.S. the seats look great, from what I can see of them, also the license plate is a neat touch.

#4 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,563 posts
  • Full Name:Marcos Cruz

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:29 AM

I love the color choices on this one man!!!!!! :P

#5 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

Nice job Lyle! Where did you get the Chevy engine from?

It's a small block Chevy and it came from some kit and probably parts from the parts box.
I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but 2 or 3 years after a build, I have no idea where I got an engine or a specific part.
I DO remember that any small block Chevy will fit just right in the Revell '32 Ford frame simply by moving the motor mounts 1/8th inch forward. ;)

#6 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

Ok Lyle, great build as usual, but you need to explain the hood to me. Did you cut the louvers by hand or what? The hinges I get, I am curious how you did the louvers. Thanks. P.S. the seats look great, from what I can see of them, also the license plate is a neat touch.

I thin the hood sides from the inside with a Dremel and then cut open each louver with a NEW #11 blade. It takes awhile, but it's worth it when done. I've opened the louvers on street rod models many times.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Peter Lombardo

Peter Lombardo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Full Name:Peter

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

Thanks Lyle, that is exactly the way I have done it before. I wanted to know how you did it. I figure, if you do it that way, then I must be doing it right. Thanks again, and great build on the roadster too.