#21 ratnasty

ratnasty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Full Name:Chuck Naylor

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Here is the pic of David Peters body mocked up with a 125" Revell chassis . I did some looking around and found out that car was 125" and the guy who had it before me looked like he was going to unstretch it but I think it looks correct. I think I may have found the best looking Late model Duster body out there

DSCI1573-vi.jpg

what do you guys think before I start moving foward on this body

Chuck

Edited by ratnasty, 23 December 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#22 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I know it is much better than the Revell body. The one thing to Remember about the Revell series that we've had since 1971 is they're from 1971!

Few funny cars from 1971 had that style tin or seat. I'm unaware of any national level cars (and yes there were local nitro cars back then) that had that style chassis in 1973. The upright chassis design also was quickly outdated.

The Revell Duster body was not widely used. The Whipple and McCullough and King and Marshall cars may be the only ones. Later versions of the Revelloution car had a different body style.

Only the Charger body is the only part of the first releases (Gene Snow Charger and Revelloution Duster) that seems accurate without modifications for a car beyond the '70-'71 seasons. 

Now back to your original question, modify or not. Don't modify unless you have a specific car that requires it. I'm hopeful tonight to post a composite of the Revell Duster and the McEwen Duster showing the correct mods. I think I have side shots of each that will allow that.

Mike