#1 haro85

haro85

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Fields

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

I'm trying to get a little more detailed on my next build and wanna put fuel and brake lines on.  I'm building a 69 nova and was curious about the way they are routed on the real car.  Where can I get pictures?  Also, what does everybody use for the brackets that hold them on?  Thanks for the help.

#2 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

Try googling 1969 Nova and you'll get all the reference pics you'll need.  You can get wire looms in photo-etched sets from Detail Master.

http://www.detailmaster.com/

#3 haro85

haro85

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Fields

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

I'm not really looking for wire looms, GM used metal clamps that bolted to the frame to hold the 3/8 in. fuel line in place.  I was wondering what some people make them out of.

#4 vypurr59

vypurr59

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Shorter

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

I'm not really looking for wire looms, GM used metal clamps that bolted to the frame to hold the 3/8 in. fuel line in place.  I was wondering what some people make them out of.

Plastruc Plastic, or Bare Metal Foil or even solid wire flattened with a hammer

Edited by vypurr59, 15 June 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#5 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

additionally you can cut up aluminum soft drink cans for small strips than can be fashioned into brackets or braces, most household scissors will do fine for cutting. Please be aware that there will be sharp edges that can give you cuts you won't feel till you wash your hands.

smooth jaw pliers are good for flattening soft wire also.

#6 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

If you do a search from last winter for the My Metal Mistress thread I showed how I routed, bent, and secure brake & fuel lines using guitar string and fine wire to secure it all. It's just up to you to find the actual routing, easily found through a Google search or some brand-specific forums. My build was a Mopar, but the methods are the same regardless of manufacture.

Image6-vi.jpg

Image3-vi.jpg

Image2-vi.jpg