Jump to content


ClayK

Member Since 12 Mar 2012
Offline Last Active Today, 04:16 PM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: WIP: 1/16 '68 Mustang Pro Mod

08 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

As you can see, I also got all of the rear suspension installed for good. I still need to add the sway bar and links, and hook up the brake lines. The puke tank and hoses are installed, and I added the filler panels at the back of the cage too.

P7063470z-vi.jpg

P7063472z-vi.jpg

And a few with it all mocked up.

P7063457z-vi.jpg

P7063459z-vi.jpg

P7063481z-vi.jpg

P7063453z-vi.jpg

Now I can get the tubs painted black and start decaling them thanks to my man DaveT! I've also been working on the inner door skins.

CK


In Topic: WIP: 1/16 '68 Mustang Pro Mod

08 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

I've spend the last week or so working on the wheel tubs and filler panel. I wanted to match the way R2B2 does theirs as much as possible. I tried using the Shapeways 3D printed tubs I had, but they weren't big enough, so I went the brass route.

I started bending up one and fitting it in place, then I made the filler panel pieces, then I added the second remaining tub. It all fits in there pretty well, and seals off the body pretty decent. I still  need add some more plastic pieces to show the junctions of where the pieces connect, but I'll get there eventually.

Once I did the tubs, I found out my rear tree didn't fit anymore. So I made a new one from brass rod. It all works together now, even though it will barely be seen once all together.

P7063476z-vi.jpg

P7063456z-vi.jpg

P7063465z-vi.jpg

P7063464z-vi.jpg

P7063463z-vi.jpg
 


In Topic: WIP: 1/16 '68 Mustang Pro Mod

31 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

Slowly poking away on this thing....

I ran the front fire bottle lines along the upper frame rails. DM #3 fitting line and combo fittings.

P3303367z-vi.jpg

P3303368z-vi.jpg

I've also finally started working on the engine. I painted the block and heads with Alcald shades. The spark plug hole plates are exhaust flanges from the MCG No Bull sheet. They fit perfect. Slixx decals BAE logos, then I dull coated the valve covers.

P3303364z-vi.jpg

The blower and intake were also painted. I cut a blower hold down plate from black sheet plastic. The hold down belts are medical tape painted black. I still need to add some attachments on the heads before they can be hooked up.

P3303365z-vi.jpg

Should be no shortage of horsepower!

P3303363z-vi.jpg

P3303362z-vi.jpg

The rear end is also ready to be installed. I had to make a puke tank first. Once it is installed and hooked up, then I can add the rear end.

The puke tank is just sheet plastic and aluminum tubing. Nothing fancy.

P3303371z-vi.jpg

P3303372z-vi.jpg

And the rear end with the lower X-Link on, and lower 4 bars. Thanks to my man Scrappy for the chrome plating on the X-Link. It looks awesome!

P3303369z-vi.jpg

Things are slowly starting to come together! Thanks for looking...
CK


In Topic: WIP: 1/16 '68 Mustang Pro Mod

15 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

Mitch....Here's the complete album for my Blackbeard Pro Mod. You can see the headers towards the end of the album. I built them on the car, and actually painted them on the car. I misted very light coats of Alcald clear yellow, and Alcald Sepia and Violet to do the heat staining.

 

http://public.fotki....camaro-pro-mod/

 

Jim....feel free man! Basically I wanted to make sure the hub fit the center opening of your wheel tight, and fit the axle stub. That was what I came up with.

Thank you everyone!

Clay


In Topic: 1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Updated 7/5/2014

15 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

 I don't reply very often, but I am watching Chris. I just don't know what to say most times. You have the patients of 100 modelers put together.  How you've been able to get to a level this high, and stay at it for this long without distraction is amazing.

 

Keep going, you're in the homestretch now!

 

Clay