Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

kpnuts

Members
  • Posts

    1,399
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kpnuts

  1. OK some pics of progress so far, I really don't like the tamiya idea of doing the suspension, it's s=€t took ages to do and is very fragile (must be why they give you one extra of each suspension part) I generally like tamiya kits but not a fan of this one for design of assembly luckily I didn't do the suspension in the order tamiya suggest as it would have been even harder to accomplish done in the way the instructions suggest. [img]https://i.ibb.co/rHJB6NV/IMG-6868.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/k5vXZSX/IMG-6869.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/0YhhmV4/IMG-6870.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/61dC1Jv/IMG-6871.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/Tk7Pz0N/IMG-6872.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/M5g7SZg/IMG-6873.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/177jJjt/IMG-6876.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/Bgx0151/IMG-6877.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/0y3KBfV/IMG-6881.jpg[/img]
  2. You wouldn't believe how hard the suspension on this is and don't get me started on the connection of the wheels to the drive shafts. I've started scratching the slide throttle linkage for it, the guys at work hate this system, there is a plate with 3 holes in it the size if the venturi of the flutes that runs on bearings and slides forwards and backwards to enlarge or reduce the air fuel ratio by sliding the hole thus reducing or enlarging the venturi, it's prone to leaks and not a great system. This car had other throttle linkage systems which were better but the one depicted in the kit is this one so (as it's the car I've worked on it's the one I will try to depict)
  3. I've sanded down the bleed through and Resprayed the white, you can still the blue through it, unsure whether to give it another coat since I'm going to spray the bule again in the same place.
  4. OK so a little bit of added detail (and it is little) Take a piece of solder and flatten it. Cut into 7mm lengths paint the tip satin black put a couple of bends in it, repeat 12 times and you have sparkplug retaining clips. Take some heat shrink tubing cut into 2mm lengths Add to end of plug leads and you have plug caps
  5. Hi all added some of the masking for the white stripe. The engine in the kit is the 4 cam engine the one in the workshop is the 904/6 which is what I'm supposed to be basing this on I don't think I can modify the 4 cam engine into a 6 cylinder boxer engine so I suppose I will have to try scratch building one 🤔 not sure my skills are up to that but we will see, and there I was thinking this would be an easy build
  6. I wasn't happy with the scale of the kit supplied fuel lines (nearly double the size they should have been at just over 1mm (the actual lines are a tad over 6mm) The only photo ref I have atm is this I know they are metal in the pic but back then they were clear nylon because they were lighter than metal ones but when they added more ethanol to modern fuel they started to fail (the nylon ones that is) and so modern cars have metal, anyway I've gone of subject metal ones is the only ref I have atm and the nylon ones were a tad smaller so the kit ones are definitely over scale. I stretched the kit ones which made them thinner. I've done some weathering on the engine as well and added a few ancillary parts.
  7. Got the white on next is masking up for the blue, also got some of the engine and gearbox done.
  8. Made a start on this primed the main body and glued the main part of the engine together, added some 1/24 scale kits for size ref.
  9. Started the rusting on this (still a long, long way to go) it a fine line between beliavable and too far quite pleased with the start I know some of the rust looked very granular and there is not enough colour variation but it's definitely a good starting point. I've decided not to have a tree growing out of it instead it will be a bramble (undecided whether winter spring or summer with nice juicy berries on it) im finding it very difficult to decide on the final setting, I was thinking of having the bonnet chucked on the roof with gouges and scratches or as it is now but I could sling the doors I could sling anywhere in the car or maybe even have one laying on the ground no where near the car almost over grown.
  10. It was supposed to arrive Monday cost 73 quid in customs charges then they wanted 12 quid to deliver it today, I didn't pay it but it still arrived today. I'm sooo excited.
  11. Did a colour test (seems OK) got some sink marks to fix. Here's what's in the box
  12. Hi all my boss bought this for me to do But he wants it done like the one in the workshop.
  13. Well this arrived for the samba bus conversion, fair bit of bodywork modification needed (doing it as the cafe mexicano version) made a start on the modifications. The kit itself looks really good all the molding is very crisp and sharp and detail looks well defined.
  14. Hi all more work on the 934, first pic is my rendition of the tarpaulin over the engine (its just a bit of printer paper) second pic will be a couple of slabs of concrete when finished.
  15. Beautiful result, great job.
  16. Added some of the pipework, the heater ducting and started scratchbuilding the new brake servo we've added.
  17. Well its done, it's quite a nice kit (albeit a bit basic) I've enjoyed it, I could have added more detail but most of it would have been underneath so not seen, tbh I couldn't be asked. Well its done, it's quite a nice kit (albeit a bit basic)
×
×
  • Create New...