Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Ford Custom'.
I have wanted to do a more detailed WIP Thread on here for a long time. The idea is to tell in more detailed way how I do these things and I hope that someone will find these things helpful, or at least enjoy the progress on this '57 Ford. At least I enjoy reading and looking those very detailed WIP-Threads and I learn lots of good tips and tricks from them. I got this Revell / Model King '57 Ford Police Car kit as a Birthday Present a couple of days ago. The kit is an excellent one, everything seems to be correct. I'll be building something like Sean's Box Art Build from this one. I'm a bit afraid of that black paint job, but I hope it will turn out somewhat successful... Here are pictures of all parts trees and parts that are included in the kit: http://s486.photobucket.com/user/nigot58/library/57%20Ford%20Police%20Car?sort=3&page=1 I started from the engine, as usual. I glued the block halves together with liquid glue. I normally use Plastruct's Plastic Weld or Tamiya Liquid Cement. This time I went with Tamiya. After the parts dried, I sanded the seam between those halves smooth and brushed more liquid glue on that seam. After sanding that again, it looked good for primering. Just the regular Spray Can Primer that can be found from any Hardware Store was sprayed on. It looked really smooth after primer, that no Putty was needed. At the same time I removed mold seams, flash etc (Though there was very little of flash) from other engine parts that will be painted the same red color as the engine block. I sprayed the same Primer on those parts as well. If everything goes alright, tomorrow is the time for red paint. The chassis/interior part needed some putty work. First I sanded the molded in Copyright Textes away from the chassis. Then I put some putty to smooth things out and same thing on the interior side to cover ejector pin marks. There are a couple of Ejector Marks left, but they will be all covered with seats or dashboard. Also the Dashboard needed just a little sanding. I started removing a couple of mold seams of it with a file and then continued with 600 and 1,000 grit sandpaper and finished with 2,000. After Primer it looks ready for paint as well.
So I am waiting to paint my 83 Olds, trying to get courage to paint something black. Not my favorite. So I decided to start another project. I am going to build a 65 Ford Custom 4dr Sedan. The body is a Time Machine Resin conversion body. I will be using the AMT 65 Galaxie 500 for the conversion. Hope you guys enjoy, this is my first resin body I have used even though I have many in my stash. Trying to step outside my box.