Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'nismo'.
Found 3 results
Another one finished. I'm a bit "meh" with how this one turned out. I dunno something about it just doesn't sit right with me, and I'm not 100% happy with it. But no point dwelling on it, just gotta move onto the next one. I did have fun painting the inside of the bonnet though I might revisit this kit at a later date and try to see if I can do better.
This one is really kicking my butt. Everything that can go wrong seemingly has, especially as far as paint is concerned. This is my first time working with Zero Paints and i know everybody raves about these people but honestly ive had much better experiences just using rattle cans. Still, this paint is expensive so im not going to let it beat me, but for now this is where i am so far: The kit: The body and getting rid of the mould seams: Body prepped and primed: Everything was going smoothly as normal until... My nemesis: Looks ok right? Well not really... For some reason you can still see an issue with the moulding of the body itself...im not sure how these swirls are visible through the primer and paint layer: But thats not the only problem....look at the weird texture i have from the paint itself: Hard to see in the photos but there are these circular spirals in the paint, most visible where the door meets the front wing: I think this was my fault, as I think I must have put the paint on too thick too quickly, so time to strip and start again I guess... Re-primed and prepped for round two: But thats not where the story ends. I attempted to do the paint a second time, making sure to take things slower with thinner coats (compressor at the recommended PSI, airbrush was set up correctly etc), but once again the paint looked like BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH and showed up every last minor imperfection in my primer layer, which usually isn't a problem as I usually put my paint on nice and thick (without sacrificing detail) which usually fills in all the tiny imperfections, but because you have to put this stuff on in such thin coats that wasn't happening...you'd think the primer wasn't prepped properly, however I did everything I normally do (primer, guide coat, wet sand to a smooth finish etc) but it still looked like BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. I dont have pictures of this as I was too upset and annoyed so I forgot to take any. So I stripped it down for a second time and I'm currently trying to figure out what I should do next. I have a plan, but whether it will work remains to be seen.
On to my next project, i decided to tackle the R32 next. The kit: As always i started out by inspecting the body and looking for all the seam lines to be sanded down. Once that was done i cut the holes out of the bumper for the vents, this was not explained very well in the instructions lol And then primed the body: Next i moved on to paint. Decided to go with a black metallic. Lacquer: I wasnt too happy with the finish so i decided to wet sand it down with 1500 grit sandpaper ready for buffing. Then i broke out my rotary tool and the polishing compounds and had at it: Pretty happy with it now: Next i started building and detailing the engine and uprights: Painted the wheels and added the decals: Then got everything mounted to the chassis: Then started on the interior, went with a similar color as my R34: