Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moving a model collection halfway around the world is a real P.I.T.A.

Greetings Everyone,

I am relatively new to this Forum, but not to the hobby. And there are a lot of people here that I have known on the internet for years.

For those that do not know me. I am 65years old retired Heavy Equipment Operator, and also retired from Law Enforcement. And a disabled Viet Nam Marine .

I reitred coming on four years ago May at 62. I moved to the Philippines in December of 2012. And have moved twice since settling here. Now that I/we are getting settled in our new home in Negros Oriental Province, Central visayas, Philippines.

It is time to really get my hobby stuff sorted out and get the workbenches set up. All of the desks cabinets, and filing cabinets.

Were purchased at second hand stores. Some of these pieces I have had for 25 years or better. When I /we decided to move. I decided to move almost all of the models and some of the furniture myself. To do so meant unpacking the large storage cabinets.( Which were moved by the movers). So before I start putting everything back into those cabninets. I decided to paint everything. Once that is done

I will begind the tedious process of sorting through the stash. In order to get things organized.

So I will post a picture of some of the stash , in what will be the model storage room. And as I get things going .I will post updates.

The first pic is of some of the storage bins full of models and parts

pic#2 is of the large workbench and some of the other stuff for the hobby

post-15114-0-79483700-1427084572_thumb.j

post-15114-0-15788900-1427084770_thumb.j

Looks like you're going to have a pretty nice setup over there.....Wow....I can't imagine how you got anything moved that far away intact.....I hope you didn't have too much breakage.....I, seriously, couldn't imagine having to move my setup around the block....Let alone the Philipines....

Looks like you're going to have a pretty nice setup over there.....Wow....I can't imagine how you got anything moved that far away intact.....I hope you didn't have too much breakage.....I, seriously, couldn't imagine having to move my setup around the block....Let alone the Philipines....

JT,

The move over here was not all that bad. I used a well known international moving company. They did a good job. The local companies.... Well lets just say you have to watch them very carefully, they know what they are doing. But they for sure are not used to moving the kinds of things I have. And I still have not assessed all if any damages.

The room in the photos was in the house I just moved out of. The photos of the new place will be posted soon. But yes I definetly have my work cut out for me!

Be Well

Gator

I feel for you , I moved just a 1000 miles last summer - I still cant find anything.

That is a sweet looking area you have for building !

Sean,

I know what you mean. I have not even started looking for things yet. I have started repainting my storage cabinets and file cabinets.

Will most likely get the desks painted this weekend.

The area in the photo is the house I just moved out of. Photos of the new work area will be coming soon.

Be Well

Gator