Model Cars Magazine Forum

Upgrade headlights (AMT 70 Baldwin Camaro)?

On the AMT 1970 Baldwin Motion Camaro, you may be aware that there are no chromed headlight parts. The headlights are simply molded into the body, and the hobbyist is left with the awful task of getting them to look right. I tried adding BMF, but that was a disaster - no matter what I did, I got a headlight full of crushed foil. And how to foil that surround? That would be disaster number 2 for me! I know some people could do it... actually, the guy who did the box model, for one... :(

Another problem is the plastic surrounding the headlights is not all that well defined, and it's without an even exposure all around the headlights.

How would you correct both problems (without BMF)? Maybe it would be possible to use the existing space for some parts-box headlights. How would you go about this kind of upgrade? I won't attempt it without a good plan in mind - something I know I'm capable of pulling off...

Edited by fseva