Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lack of motivation to build

For me lately it's been a lot of nagging real-life stuff getting in the way of me being able to sit down and enjoy building. Several minor health, personal and financial issues have combined to kinda kill my interest in doing much of what's not absolutely necessary.

Funny thing is, when I force myself to make some bench time, all the BS disappears for a while, and I enjoy myself.

It's just getting started each session that's tough right now.

I'm also trying to break a long-standing habit of making fun and creative starts on projects, and then putting them aside to start something else when some technical difficulty arises. I have plenty of real work to do in my life...model building isn't that much fun when it gets to be work too...recently, anyway.

Kind of the same here, we had a relative come to town a couple weeks back, so we had stuff to do around the house that kept me from tinkering more with that bubble top '57 I had started as well as kept me from starting thst R/C K-5 Blazer scaler kit, then with Mom going into the hospital the night before Easter, then into a rehab/nursing home by week's end, only to be returned a week ago tomorrow night to the hospital, the most I've done to either kit is stare at them for the short times I'm actually in the same room with them. I'm kinda begining to with I had bought the Ready to Run version of the K-5, red paint, ugly wheels, and all instead.