Model Cars Magazine Forum

20' EU Container trailer 1:24

Hi

My new project is EU container trailer for 20' container. All parts I will make with CNC. I will use Tyres and mudguards from Italeri. For drawing I'm using 3D programme Solidworks. All parts I will make from Polystyrol. I decided that for this trailer I will do 2 chassis, namely one chassis, will be designer for Italeri container which it doesn't have right measures, the second chassis will be for real container or tankcontainer. 20' Italeri container has 25cm, the real 20' container has got 25,4 cm.

d064fc5c-5f51-453b-b61e-3388a2119ca1_zps

DSC07477_zpsgnnhol8w.jpg

DSC07488_zpsex3eycb3.jpg

DSC07497_zpsbiupip9h.jpg

DSC07503_zpshkbycshf.jpg

DSC07508_zpslbafb0ix.jpg

Grate work on that subject. I am verry impressed about the shape of the parts

They look verry realistic. Do you own one of this cnc mashiens? They are quite expensive but do a grate work and the possibilities are endless on what can be fabricate.

Looking forwad to this project.

So long

Arnd

Hi

"RAT-T" - This is a big problem which I don't successfully solve till now. Polystirol 2, 3, 4 and 5 mm is enough thick that it don't move between working,
I weight it also with iron stick. Polystirol 0.3, 0.5, 0.75, 1 and 1.5 mm is moving despite weight so I need to hold it with hands.
I try also with double tape but this tape is so strong that I can not remove small parts from tape.

"63 Truck Model Builder" - :)

David