Model Cars Magazine Forum

any Howard Stern listeners?

Petetrucker07

Eric would be a good fit, but I think to replace Benjy. 

I don't know who could actually take the spot for Jackie and Artie. If Jimmy Kimmel didn't have his own show, he'd be in that chair. But, I think someone who could fit, Tracy Morgan, if he would do it. But he might be a bit over the top like Artie. Jeffery Ross would be good too.

Edited by Petetrucker07

Been listening to Howard for about 10 years, ever since he switched to satellite. Being up in the Great White North, we never got his radio show.

So happy to see him re-sign, makes my morning commute a little happier.

A few thoughts:

1. Tan mom needs to go away. That argument last week between tan mom and the lady-man she was supposed to fight hurt my brain.

2. Love the phoney phonecalls. Would love to see Richard & Sal get their own daily show on 101

3. More Riley Martin please. He cracks me up.

4. Wish Artie would come back, even though I know it will never happen.

5. I can't listen to a pop song now without mentally (or vocally) adding some Robin to it.

I totally agree with ya on Tan Mom. I turn the radio down whenever I hear her. Mary Ann from Brooklyn is much more of a pleasure to hear than Tan mom. 

I love the phoney phone calls to. Some of them have me in tears.

I'm on the fence with Riley. He's a nut, that's for sure. 

I love when Howard does his Ted Kennedy. Or when he makes fun of the beyond nuts, televangelist. That Pat Robertson should be locked up. I can do without the terrorist hotline, that is nails on the chalk board for me. The funny thing about him doing his parents, he almost doest need the megaphone anymore.

I think the show has moved on passed Artie. I don't think he'd fit now. Like Jackie, an occasional appearance, that's it. 

Now, here's a question to all, that was posed on the wrap up show last week. Which 3 from the whack pack, won't see the end of this contract.

1. High pitch Eric

2. Jeff the whatever

3. Gary the conquerer

Terrorist hotline is a funny bit that went on too long. I love it when his "parents" show up. I think a conversation between Richard's dad and Ben would be hilarious.

Hmm, which wack packer won't last the next 5 yhears.

Gary the Conqueror (that name still makes me giggle) might be gone. He has health issues, so unfortunately...

Jeff The Bore/Drunk, I think he'll make it.

High Pitch Eric will have a heart attack within 2 years. His reasoning behind his steamed chicken is fantastic.

Also...

I think Beetlejuice will not make it. Too many health issues.

Eric has already been in the hospital for blacking out. The phone call from the hospital and a howard railing him on all the free stuff he has still has me laughing just thinking about.

Beet is for sure on the list. I guess about the same odds as Jeff. 

Listening to the recaps this week really brings back some of the better interviews. I forgot how good it was when Bill Hader, Seth Meyers and Fred Armisen were in. 

I'm lookin fforward to more in the next week and a half of recaps. I'm sure there are more interviews, bits and phoney phone calls that I forgot about.

Well, if you don't have satellite, then you got nothing to worry about. But he is gonna be around for at least 5 more years, live.

If you do have satellite, there plenty of other channels, and you'd never know he was still there. 

I understand it's not for everyone, but there are a few that enjoy his sense of humor and the shenanigans that go on.

I love the show, but will be the first to admit some of the frat boy humour gets tiresome. Listen to some of his celebrity interviews though. He gets celebrities to open up like to other host anywhere. Even my wife, who traditionally has hated him without ever hearing him, digs some of the interviews. Or maybe she's just so blinded by Hugh Jackman that she is able to tune out Howard. Hmm..

Listening these last couple weeks of best of the last 10 years, I forgot how good it was with Artie there. The show hasn't suffered with his absence, but it would be great to get someone like him in there. 

I still laugh hearing hid reaction to Bigfoot#2, "it is".

I think the best I've heard so far is Sal getting hypnotized, "I'm a turtle and I'm pregnant" 

Or Ronnie getting hypnotized. Those were the best.

Artie was so good, that's why I'd love to see him back. But I think you're right. He's been gone a few years, a lot has happened both to him and the show, so I don't know that the dynamic would still be there.

I always loved the Tracy/Grillo feud. 

These highlights are what I wish Howard 101 would play constantly. 

Man are you right about King. I can't stand that guy. I think him and Tan Mom are equal in my book. I can do without either of them. 

I'm gonna have to listen to the replay Thursday or Friday for Sam Jackson. The little bit I did catch, it sounded like a great way to kick off the new year. I missed it because one of Arizona finest decided he wanted to introduce himself, lights and all. No ticket, but I missed the interview.

I wonder if there will be any mention of Riley this morning. 

I had to go check Google about Riley. The show staff was concerned about his cough, guess they were right.

Look out Jeff the bore. His cough was just as bad as Riley's.

Well, R.I.P. Riley Martin. We Speak Your Name

She is the least annoying of the Kardashians for sure. I do like how she didn't shy away or get flustered over anything Howard asked her. Like when he was talking about how Caitlyn should donate her...man bits...to Chaz Bono.

Still, she's definitely no Mensa member that's for sure.