Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aardvark Models Website Is Back

It is now aardvarkmodels.com It was aardvarkmodels.net Everything is back up and running including the handy-dandy Paypal shopping cart. I have a few new products coming very soon including the 1/12 300 Metzler tire conversion for the Revell Choppers. That will include everything to make the conversion. Thanks to all for your interest.

aardvarkmodels.com

Andy Martin
Aardvark Models
Modelmartin

Mark,

You can use any of those products. Essentially what they all do is to clean off the waxy surface of the casting. It has nothing to do with mold release as most people think. I do not use a mold release when I cast. A good and thorough wetsanding with 400 or 600 paper will help immensely also. Good luck on the Ornery Otto, Send me pics when you have it done. :D

Andy Martin

That's great news Andy, but I got a question for you.

I recently purchased your "Angry Otto" transkit, (great casting BTW!!), & on reading the instructions you say to use Prep-Sol, or a bug/tar remover for cleaning off the mold release. Well, while I don't mind doing that, I was wondering if Blech-White, Super Clean or the like would work also? I have several resin kits in the works & would prefer to only buy one cleaning agent if possible.

;)

I've been told to stay away from Super Clean, it can make resin melt down.

That's odd, as this was posted on the "FAQ" section of the Modelhaus site:

"Other soaking solutions that can be used are Castrol Super Clean or Westley's Whitewall Tire Cleaner."

From all the info I have, the main ingredient in both Super Clean & Westley's is identical.

;)

Except that Super Clean has an industrial alcohol base, which I believe can damage resin.

Biscuitbuilder

• 5 years later...

Andy,I am rounding third and headed for home with my 1925 Indian gas station diorama project and am planning on adding a couple stock built Ford model T's when I display it.One will probably be the 1915 center door sedan I got from you several years ago and I have a couple questions.Have you ever built this as a stock model?If so what did you use as an interior?I am planning on using the King T flat top fender unit as a starting point and probably modifying the AMT 1925 Model T frame,engine and wheels.

Any opinion from you or those viewing this thread as to hat you would use?Thanks for any opinions or suggestions!

Tom Woodruff

Edited by misterNNL

Andy,I have answered my own questions.I just looked at your Model martin site and it appears I have somehow ended up with a center door T body only.I probably got it in a trade somehow.I will have to order the complete kits in order to build complete stock model T's for my display.Sorry for wasting your time.