Model Cars Magazine Forum

1931 Ford Madel A Pick Up

Smart-Resins

Everyone else seems to be doing early 30's cars and trucks. I have my 29 Hoochy, but thought I would throw this one into the mix as well. Z'd frame and channeld.Will house a flat head v-8 with scratchbuilt blower and manifold maybe, or maybe a scratchbuilt log manifold? Not sure yet. I am wondering about the stance. I am debating maybe making the back Z higher? the front I can not because of the firewall, so I will have to make up the different in the perch and front axle block/mounts. Undecided on the color right now? Maybe a lime green or a fiery orange either with white interior? Thanks. Jody

Picture094.jpg

;):D What kind of box you going to run? open and chopped? your showin 2 rears in your mockup. :rolleyes: are you going to run all 4 tall tires or big n littles?

figgure out these answers and that will give you your answer on a bigger Z :lol: are you going to hang the axle out in front?? what kind of grill????

Mike, actually they are universal. This is a 1/16 kit. They have more detail in them. Really nice actaully. The axle will hang out in front mounted on a scratched perch on a scratched tube. The rear I have z'd more, an additional scale 3 inches.So the frame now sits 2 popsicle sticks off of the ground.Thats 1 1/4" in scale off of the pavement! It will run a open box, wich will be shortened and the top will get chopped. a scale 3" I am thinking. Being dropped so much, that will be opening up the floor of the bed for the rear hump of the frame. So I may either shorten the floor pan up or something. I will figure that out when the time comes. I may also need to build up the motor mounts for it so it does not drag.Will have to wait until I get that far. I am thinking obout boxing in the fram. I may drill it out too? I will see. I actually have 2 other builds I am working on, one almost done maybe(29 hoochy) But I just got this in on a trade and had to play with it. HEHEHE. Heres a new mock up pic.

Picture096.jpg

The kit is made by Minicraft. They make a couple different versions. Mine is the yellow one of course. It has the flat head- v-8 in it and was supposed to have the pie crust slicks in it. The rat trap also has the same parts. The blue version has the 4 banger(wich also came in mine as well) and the original style rims. They have the single barrel carbs. The rockin roaster also has simular parts. The Pyro Gee Tee and Serpand also has nice axles wheels and carbs. The two first listed trucks has the stock or dropped axles and both the same for the rear axles and has a quick change in them. I will be modifying the flat head to incorperate both water pumps that soo many are used to and will be scratch building a blower for it as well. These items will be casted.I also have Cragar ss rims casted for these. I am hoping to soon have smaller white walls and more detailed steelies casted and a moon tank casted for 1/16. I will be casting the carbs too.If I ever get my hands on a pie crust wheel i will also cast that. I am into building hot rods, rat rods and 1/4 milers so look forward to some custom parts out of my pot. Actually I will also be scratchbuilding a 23 c-cab delivery for casting as well. That should give some poeple some good material to build with! jody

<_< Greetings earthlings,

guess I gotta do an intro, coz I hope to be hangin with yinzes for awhile. soon as I seen your yeller mockup, Smart-Resins, I knewd I hadta see more, and very kewl how yer progressing, gettin down, like Kasteer, and Evilone, have said. I be in total agreements with that, but I gotsta add, since I never did get me an Allison engine way back when I was a kid, stick an Allison engine in it--stretch it out so the front wheels aint even on the ground! just make a big obvious skid plate under the pan of the Big A. Love to see that for real!

Thanx for the inspirations. I'm workin on a foamboard based straight 8 indy type racer with 6" wheels and it's gonna be all scratched, don't know if I'm gonna go for a posterboard skin with bondo covering, or paper mache with bondo, but I'm working on it. I'll post pix. Lookin forward to seein the '31 progresso--awesome pix btw, Smart-Resins.

######'n B