Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell S&H torino

kurth

I fixed this by manually hacking the code! just like the 90s ... any way, enjoy the post with pictures this time!

I am almost done with the Revell Torino. I really enjoyed this model so far, it has plenty of detail, but with a low parts count, it has been really easy to assemble. Reminds me of old monogram car kits from the early 80s, but better.

I have the chassis and interior painted and assembled. I decided on a OOB build, so no wires or extra detail, but even so, it is a nice looking engine

IMGP8051-vi.jpgIMGP8051-vi.jpg%E2%80%9D "

Though it looks sparse in the box , a little careful painting reveals a nicely detailed under carriage

And building the interior is made so much easier with those wood grain decals.

IMGP8052-vi.jpg

And most importantly, the body. I painted it with testors MM Dark red Enamel. I used my airbrush, it looks pretty good,  though I will need to polish it because there are a few "boogers" and one large dusty in the paint. 

IMGP8048-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Edited by kurth

I have to admit, I like the dark red. Reminds me a bit more of the Candyapple Red. 

When I finally get one of these, it'll be a bone-stock car with corrected ride height and Magnum 500s. Probably some very '70s color like bronze or burnt orange with a saddle interior. 

Charlie Larkin