Model Cars Magazine Forum

New to the forum

Hey all, wanted to introduce myself. Been modeling since I was a kid (no more seriously than most kids do it -- I wasn't a Dennis Doty, Tom Carter or Tim Boyd) and interested in it more as a hobby ever since '92 or so. Picked up an issue of Car Modeler at a newsstand back then, and there you go! Mostly I have an interest in 1/25 scale, though larger scales and modeling old Aurora figure kits also catch my attention. Much of what interests me is what some would term rivet-counting -- though hopefully I approach it with a positive attitude (which is everything) -- to me it's not what's wrong with a kit that's the main thing, it's can I possibly fix it, and how would I go about doing so?

Along the lines of what Bill Geary recently demonstrated (the too-flat appearance of the leading roof edge of Revell's '59 Impala HT, and how to fix it using their '60 Impala's roof) is a perfect example of the type of observation I love -- not to mention, before I read Bill's writeup here on the board as a lurker, I wasn't aware of it. :)

I hope to find other neat modeling solutions to getting the body appearance of a given automotive subject "just right" -- and be a positive contributor to the board. Lots of great builders here with techniques I admire. I rarely get a chance to paint given a too-compact living area, but I sure do love noodling around the various angles of a kit and seeing if there are ways it might be improved. Glad to be here! :)