Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally The Nnl Weekend Is Over

Boy what a weekend. Had a blast at the cheeseburger place(which we where all going to meet at Fuddruckers)but Mike Whatshisname

decided to stay and so did everyone else. Good decision Mike!!!!! :lol: . I guess the NNL Eats next year will also be there. Great time with

old friends and getting to meet new ones. it was nice to meet Rick Forester, Tom Kren, Mark from M&S Hobbies, Bill from BHP (Hey Bill remember Johnny Miller) Andy from Ardvark(thanks for bring a porsche and setting it aside for me), VWNUT (came by the MCM table)

Kevin from missing link, Jeff from MotorCityResin, Billy Kingsley and if I forget anyone don't feel offended I damaged acouple brain cells

this weekend.

Well should have my pics up soon, some pics from the NNL Eats also.

http://public.fotki.com/modelnut/

Yeah, Still recovering from the Sprue Flu, :lol: we also had a FANTASTIC Time, and our Hats are off to the Gang at TSSMCC. We're a part of the real early days of NNL East, been back in '06 and now '08. This show just keeps getting better and better. And we get a little older too I guess.

Already dreaming up plans for '09 & '10!

While it was all about the Plastic (& Resin), I think seeing old friends like Ken Hamilton, Rick Hanmore, Carl Pomponio, Matt Trotta, Eric Rudy, Vinnie LoBosco, Chuck Stark, Mike Callan, and the Gang Speaking French (Globe 25), is what this happenin' is all about. Meeting up with Friends. . . . and remembering those who have departed our ranks such as Joe Cavorley, John Slivoski & Paul Skoda.

This past weekend was the BEST time we've had a Model Car Event since our "Adirondack Glue Crue" Daze.

Special Thanks to Tom, Ken and the TSSMCC Gang for a GREAT Event!

Edited by Glue_Crue_John

Boy what a weekend. Had a blast at the cheeseburger place(which we where all going to meet at Fuddruckers)but Mike Whatshisname

decided to stay and so did everyone else. Good decision Mike!!!!! :lol: . I guess the NNL Eats next year will also be there. Great time with

old friends and getting to meet new ones. it was nice to meet Rick Forester, Tom Kren, Mark from M&S Hobbies, Bill from BHP (Hey Bill remember Johnny Miller) Andy from Ardvark(thanks for bring a porsche and setting it aside for me), VWNUT (came by the MCM table)

Kevin from missing link, Jeff from MotorCityResin, Billy Kingsley and if I forget anyone don't feel offended I damaged acouple brain cells

this weekend.

Well should have my pics up soon, some pics from the NNL Eats also.

http://public.fotki.com/modelnut/

That was a great idea to stay at the Burger place. I met a lot of people including the California and Ohio gangs. Thanks to Rogelio (I hope I spelled that right) for never letting my beer glass get empty (even when I wanted it to be). I had a blast that night.

If you have ever seen the movie "Cocktail" with Tom Cruise that is what the bartenders were doing. It was quite a show behind the bar. They were tossing full beer mugs 2 and 3 at a time and not dropping them.

I agree with you guys, it was a fantastic event....and I'm still kinda reeling from it all, but very happy to have been a part of it.

John couldn't have said it better: while having models on the table is a nice part of the NNL, most of my time is usually spent meeting new faces and catching up with ones I have met in previous years - hard to believe it's been about 21 years since me and the Glue Crue first hooked up, no? :lol: So much has changed since then, yet so much has stayed the same.

I agree with you guys, it was a fantastic event....and I'm still kinda reeling from it all, but very happy to have been a part of it.

John couldn't have said it better: while having models on the table is a nice part of the NNL, most of my time is usually spent meeting new faces and catching up with ones I have met in previous years - hard to believe it's been about 21 years since me and the Glue Crue first hooked up, no? :o So much has changed since then, yet so much has stayed the same.

Hey Dave, it was cool meeting you and a lot of the other guys in the board. Loved your black VW, you are quite the builder man!!!! ;)

I agree! The NNL was great. I'd say the best one yet. This show has come along way since the first one. I think the new location is a lot nicer too. Kind of a wild ride to get there with all the looping around, but thats NJ. The lighting was much better and the expanded vendor area was great.

I had a nice time. Its always good to see my old (haha) friends. I'm looking forward to next year already.

It was a great idea to stay but I can't take all the credit for that idea. Rick F. first mentioned it earlier that day and I just took it and ran with it. The gang at Cheeseburgers in Paradise worked with us and it turned out to be a great evening. Here's to the Tri-State guys 8.gif for topping last years show and to another great 4 years at the same place. 10.gif

Well let me start off by saying that mine and santiagos visit to jersey will go down as one of the best times I had hanging out with my buddies. When we showed up to the burger joint we where greeted with a hello a handshake and a Guinness beer and they kept coming. So that tells you something about them jersey guy’s and all the other gents who where there. Ariel one hell of a guy made me feel welcomed along with Gregg, Rick, Tom, Mark, Bob, Mike, Marcos and All the other guy’s that where there sorry if I missed a few. All I can say is that you All are real genuine. This is something I will keep with me for a long time and look forward to doing it again next year. I got to meet a lot of new friends from the forum along with some of my members from our club like dr nitrous aka Renato and now I can put the face to the name thanks to Gregg and his nametag idea. Now for the show itself I would like to say they know how to put on a show if it wasn’t for all their signs they had posted on the rout we would have got lost. And to the TSSMCC they had it down packed to the T nothing was left out. JOB WELL DONE. I also have to congratulate Gary Kulchok and Marcos Cruz along with all the other winners on their wins.

Now I got to rest and get ready for the Toledo Nnl in October.

A special thanks to Ron Andrews for bringing me out that resin 454 when he did not have to and it was free of charge. My build for next year would still be on hold if it weren’t for him.

Mr. Anthony Rios

Well let me start off by saying that mine and santiagos visit to jersey will go down as one of the best times I had hanging out with my buddies. When we showed up to the burger joint we where greeted with a hello a handshake and a Guinness beer and they kept coming. So that tells you something about them jersey guy’s and all the other gents who where there. Ariel one hell of a guy made me feel welcomed along with Gregg, Rick, Tom, Mark, Bob, Mike, Marcos and All the other guy’s that where there sorry if I missed a few. All I can say is that you All are real genuine. This is something I will keep with me for a long time and look forward to doing it again next year. I got to meet a lot of new friends from the forum along with some of my members from our club like dr nitrous aka Renato and now I can put the face to the name thanks to Gregg and his nametag idea. Now for the show itself I would like to say they know how to put on a show if it wasn’t for all their signs they had posted on the rout we would have got lost. And to the TSSMCC they had it down packed to the T nothing was left out. JOB WELL DONE. I also have to congratulate Gary Kulchok and Marcos Cruz along with all the other winners on their wins.

Now I got to rest and get ready for the Toledo Nnl in October.

A special thanks to Ron Andrews for bringing me out that resin 454 when he did not have to and it was free of charge. My build for next year would still be on hold if it weren’t for him.

Mr. Anthony Rios

It was great meeting you also Mr. Biggs , Santiago, Steve and all the gang from out west. Hope to make it out there maybe

as soon as next year. Hey you can't drink Guinness its Corona with lemon or lime. ;);) .(man rule #1 don't fruit your beer) :o

It was great meeting you also Mr. Biggs , Santiago, Steve and all the gang from out west. Hope to make it out there maybe

as soon as next year. Hey you can't drink Guinness its Corona with lemon or lime. :o;) .(man rule #1 don't fruit your beer) ;)

When I get out to (PR) it will be tecate con limon or some good rum. ;)

GRACIAS BROTHER, IT WAS A PLEASURE TO MEET ALL OF YOU AND BE WELCOMED LIKE FAMILY WE HAVEN'T SEEN IN YEARS WAS THE BEST ;) BIGGS AND I FELT AT HOME BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU :o FAMILIA IS WHAT MAKES THESE SHOWS THE BEST AND I CARRY THIS AND ALL THE MEMEORY OF THE TRIP CLOSE TO MY HEART AND BIGGS AND I KEEP CHATING ABOUT THE SHOW AND THE DINNER AND DRINKS WE SHARED THE NIGHT BEFORE. OUR OFFER STILL STANDS ON YOU ALL COMMING OUT TO THE WEST COAST . I HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR ALL OF THE BUILDERS AT THE SHOW AND THE VENDORS WHO WERE THIER TOO! I WANT TO THANK RON ANDREWS AND HIS PARTNER WHO'S NAME HAS SLIPPED MY MIND BUT HE WAS A GREAT PERSON TO HANG OUT WITH TOO! THEY STAYED ON OUR TICKED AT THE HAMPTON INN IN FAIRFIELD. GREAT GUYS AND THANKS FOR THE HOOK UP ON THE MOTOR FOR MY BROTHER AND FOR THE 1/16TH 41 WILLYS O GOT FROM THEM, IT WILL BE A PLEASURE TO HANG OUT WITH THEM ANYTIME AND MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND OTHER SHOWS WITH THEM ;) THE PEOPLE AND SPECTATORS WERE ALL IN GOOD SPIRITS AND NEVER ONCE DID WE GET A DIRTY LOOK OR ANYONE SINGEL US OUT BECAUSE WE WERE FROM L.A. AND SAN DIEGO. THE NNL EAST WAS THE BEST SHOW I HAVE EVER ATTENED AND THANK YOU GREGG FOR THE BEST MEMORYS ;) "LIQUOR" ;) THE PRESIDENT OF THE TELIDO NNL WAS A PLEASURE TO MEET AND HE GREETED US TO THE FIRST ROUND AND INVITED US TO THIER SHOW IN OCTOBER SO YOU KNOW WE WILL BE THIER TOO ;) BIGGS AND I ARE MAKING OUR PLANS AS THE WEEKS GO'S ON! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BEST TIME WE EVER HAD AT A MODEL CAR SHOW ;)

Bacardi or Ron Cana(sugar cane rum)

;) That sounds good Carnalito. Cant wait to go back. Are you guy's going to try and make the Toledo show. ?

Edited by MR BIGGS

GRACIAS BROTHER, IT WAS A PLEASURE TO MEET ALL OF YOU AND BE WELCOMED LIKE FAMILY WE HAVEN'T SEEN IN YEARS WAS THE BEST ;) BIGGS AND I FELT AT HOME BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU :o FAMILIA IS WHAT MAKES THESE SHOWS THE BEST AND I CARRY THIS AND ALL THE MEMEORY OF THE TRIP CLOSE TO MY HEART AND BIGGS AND I KEEP CHATING ABOUT THE SHOW AND THE DINNER AND DRINKS WE SHARED THE NIGHT BEFORE. OUR OFFER STILL STANDS ON YOU ALL COMMING OUT TO THE WEST COAST . I HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR ALL OF THE BUILDERS AT THE SHOW AND THE VENDORS WHO WERE THIER TOO! I WANT TO THANK RON ANDREWS AND HIS PARTNER WHO'S NAME HAS SLIPPED MY MIND BUT HE WAS A GREAT PERSON TO HANG OUT WITH TOO! THEY STAYED ON OUR TICKED AT THE HAMPTON INN IN FAIRFIELD. GREAT GUYS AND THANKS FOR THE HOOK UP ON THE MOTOR FOR MY BROTHER AND FOR THE 1/16TH 41 WILLYS O GOT FROM THEM, IT WILL BE A PLEASURE TO HANG OUT WITH THEM ANYTIME AND MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND OTHER SHOWS WITH THEM ;) THE PEOPLE AND SPECTATORS WERE ALL IN GOOD SPIRITS AND NEVER ONCE DID WE GET A DIRTY LOOK OR ANYONE SINGEL US OUT BECAUSE WE WERE FROM L.A. AND SAN DIEGO. THE NNL EAST WAS THE BEST SHOW I HAVE EVER ATTENED AND THANK YOU GREGG FOR THE BEST MEMORYS ;) "LIQUOR" ;) THE PRESIDENT OF THE TELIDO NNL WAS A PLEASURE TO MEET AND HE GREETED US TO THE FIRST ROUND AND INVITED US TO THIER SHOW IN OCTOBER SO YOU KNOW WE WILL BE THIER TOO ;) BIGGS AND I ARE MAKING OUR PLANS AS THE WEEKS GO'S ON! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BEST TIME WE EVER HAD AT A MODEL CAR SHOW ;)

AMEN My brother x-2........... ;)

Same here Bro. You may also and ACME NNL they have a great show as well and the people wonderful. But don,t forget PR ;)

:o That sounds good Carnalito. Cant wait to go back. Are you guy's going to try and make the Toledo show. ?

I'm not sure because the PR show falls really close to Toledo or the same weekend. We will have to see.

But we will catch up again soon CARNAL ;) .

Ariel

Yeah MAN!!!

This was my 3rd NNL and I got to say it was THEE best so far!! Great Builds, Great place, Great vendors, and best of all I got to meet some of the guys from the INTERNETZ LOL!!

I had a blast checkin out all the top notch builds and picking up a handful of stuff. It was real cool to meet MR BIGGS and MR 1/16TH. Definitly some real cool cats. I look forward to hangin out on your home turf someday!

I gotta give Gregg props for a crazy last minute photo shoot with the big rig lol!!

I had a great time too, only brought one car to show though. Spent a ton of loot with the vendors (I'm SO broke this week), saw a lot of cool builds, met some new people and had an overall good time. It took us an hour to drive out from Long Island and less than 2 hours back, which is about right in the afternoon for crossing through The Bronx.

Maybe next year I'll come out Friday night for the festivities, no wonder a few people had a wild look to them!

Bob

Man Ill say ! I had a great time it was great to meet Anthony aka Mr Biggs and mr 1/16 ,Ariel and the rest of the west coast gang and see old friends too Can't wait till next year!This has to be my best time at NNL East Thanks for a great weekend!

Man Ill say ! I had a great time it was great to meet Anthony aka Mr Biggs and mr 1/16 ,Ariel and the rest of the west coast gang and see old friends too Can't wait till next year!This has to be my best time at NNL East Thanks for a great weekend!

Hey Tom on the old friends part all you had to write was(and seeing lyle)

Fantastic weekend boys and girl (Nick Sandones wife Sharon got plastered too!). It was great to meet all the new faces at Burgers in Paradise Friday eve. Mr Bigg & 1/16, sorry I didn't get a chance to sit and talk but we will have to make up for that in Toledo. Glad to hear everyone made it back home OK. Already looking forward to next year. Peace!

Edited by Mike Whatshisname