Model Cars Magazine Forum

"New" Revell 48 Ford

mike 51

6 hours ago, Casey said:

I will disagree there, and in fact, I would lean the other way if anything. The roof overall looks too flat, like it was raised from a chopped roof...which, well, maybe it was. It's not easy to compare with a real car as the Revell kit's windshield also includes the gasket, too, so without that in place, I will admit I don't have 100% confidence in my eyes.

48ford.jpg.43a364784833b950913987bf387b2c72.jpg

The windshield is too tall to me. I agree, the roof flatness could be causing the illusion. The more I look at this pic and Túlio Lazzaroni's build (The best I have seen) the windshield may be pretty close, but the roof above the rain gutter is too low on the kit.

I see the door frame issue. The kit almost has a corner above the vent where the car is a curve with no flat areas

Will these things keep me from building it? Good chance, but I may try to correct one, just getting tired of correcting lately.  

31679313840_ee504423a2_c.jpg

Edited by Sledsel

On 3/24/2018 at 4:00 AM, Sledsel said:

Will these things keep me from building it? Good chance, but I may try to correct one, just getting tired of correcting lately.  

I understand. I'm not building it stock, so I have a bit more leeway, but the more accurate the starting point, the better. It does look like a well-engineered kit, though, especially with how the firewall, body shell, floorpan, and frame all fit well together, and have reliable alignment surfaces with one another.

Tulio does do black vehicles very, very well. :wub:

On 3/26/2018 at 11:51 AM, Casey said:

I understand. I'm not building it stock, so I have a bit more leeway, but the more accurate the starting point, the better. It does look like a well-engineered kit, though, especially with how the firewall, body shell, floorpan, and frame all fit well together, and have reliable alignment surfaces with one another.

Tulio does do black vehicles very, very well. :wub:

As a stock bodied street rod "I" would need to "try" to correct it. I may get a stock one to chop since the chopped version of this is so horrid.

As for engineered, I agree, many of the new kits are engineered very well, but when they screw up the bodies, all the fitting just does not justify the kit. My list of very well engineered kits that lack very badly on the body accuracy are: #1 Revell 49 Mercury #2 Revell 57 Ford #3 Revell Chopped 48 Ford 

BTW, Tulio does ALL his builds very very well. Love his builds.

WOW!!! You guys made my day. 

Thanks for the appreciation on the old glue bombs I build.

As for the '48 Sedan Coupe, I agree on the roof needing more "meat" and on the somewhat odd shape of both, the quarter windows, and front windows.

To be completely honest with you gentlemen, I'm still to see a perfect kit. The closest I ever saw in person is the AMT '57 Ford. They did a superb job on that kit. 

My only worry on building the '48, was the headliner showing trough the roof once painted. It didn't happen. I'm happy. 

I just don't have the patience to correct a model kit body, for details like the ones Revell did wrong. I was just so happy to see a proper '48, with the proper roof height, and that does look like a '48 Ford that I just started building them!!! 

Have three built so far. 

The black '48, a maroon '47, and a rodded '48. 

I'm happy with them, even tough they are not 100% accurate to the real body. 

34499787222_a2cc08be88_c.jpg1948 Ford Sedan Coupe Super Deluxe by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

34545846702_c4fd2070f5_c.jpgGaragem de sonho 001 copy by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

34462248995_b3af814c29_c.jpgFords e Aliana 009 copy by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr