Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Corvette Gasser & acrylic paint question

Hey all, 
Picked up the 1962 Revell Corvette Gasser kit, looks to be a great kit! I do have a question for those out there who have built it. The headers coming off of the block seem to stick out way to wide (makes the engine look like it has wings) and looks nothing like how the directions show it. Has anyone else had this issue? I can post some pictures tomorrow if that would help.

Thanks

image.jpeg

Edited by 1hobby1

As for the acrylic question, I have a ton of the small 1/4 oz testors acrylics. I have a Paashe model H airbrush and was wondering what to use to thin it? Would odorless mineral spirits work? Or denatured alcohol? I have some tamiya acrylic thinner as well but heard it doesn't mix well with the testors paints. 

Thanks!

It wasn't uncommon for Gasser headers to come out like that and exit behind the front tires. Often referred to as "fenderwell" headers. That's probably what's going on here.

Or you MIGHT have them switched left-for-right. Not familiar with that kit, so I can't say what's intended.

Most of the time I will use 91% isopropyl alcohol mixed 70/30 with distilled water.  This mixture works quite well for me, however I have had some acrylics which didn't want to "play nice".  So, it is only a suggestion and should be tried on some scraps first.

• 2 weeks later...