Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Shops Near Inglewood/Denver CO?

Cameron,

Here's a quick run-down of the shops I know about:

COLPAR HOBBIES has a store on South Wadsworth Blvd., near Southwest Plaza Mall in Lakewood, CO.

The Don't-Miss-It shop is COLPAR's Aurora  store in the 1100 block South Havana, Aurora, CO.

There's a HobbyTown USA that's pretty typical HTU; it's on Wadsworth Blvd about 95th Avenue (the other end of the world from Colpar).

And, not a model kit store per se, but the world's BEST hobby store is Caboose Hobbies on Broadway just North of I-25 in the south downtown area.  If you have time for nothing else, you owe yourself a visit to Caboose!  It is to die for.  The biggest model railroading store known to man, they have the every product imaginable including electronics, scenery/diorama materials and supplies, paints, adhesives, tools, parts, raw materials, trains, trains, trains, and more trains.  I'm a train fan but not a train modeler/collector, but I've never left Caboose without lots of goodies that I couldn't live without for my automotive modeling!

If I missed any shops, it's because it is/they are new.

Enjoy your visit to the High Mile High City!

Hi Cameron,

Danno has it right.   The Colpar Hobbytown in Aurora is still the best shop in town.  Decent selection of kits with a wide range of manufactures and scales. Some aftermarket stuff.   Huge selection of paint.

The legend that is Caboose Hobbies  is in a sad state right now.   It has been announced that they are moving.   Half empty store that brings a tear to my eye.  I hope they can bounce back to what they were before!

Randy

OH, NO!   Say it ain't so!  {Caboose}

Have they announced where they are moving?  When?

I've spent soooo many wonderful, magical hours wandering their jam-packed aisles :wub:.    Not to mention mucho dinero!!  :P

Don't let it be, Lord, that the Caboose is fading away . . .  :(

I went to Colpar Hobby Town, then they advised to go to the other Colpar store since they had a lot more plastic. What an awesome hobby shop. So much stuff I wanted to buy. I got a bunch of Acrylic washes and pigments and some detail stuff, but no kits. I stuck to what I could fit in my suitcase on the way back. they have some incredible stuff though. Huge military water stuff and armored kits that are really intriguing. 

Their bigger store sells online, so I will probably be ordering some stuff from them in the future.