Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hudson Kustom

Theo

Hi all.

This is my first WIP post so be honest and gentle.

I very much enjoyed the building the stock versions of the Moebius Hornet so thought I would give a go at building a "lowrider/kustom" version.  Lowered the stance (3d printed modified front spindles), wheels/tires from the parts box, flocked and custom interior, wired engine with fuel lines, and pearl/metallic/purple body. I wanted to take a few images before the details get lost in final assembly.

Thanks for looking.  Appreciate any comments and feedback.

IMG_0670 copy.jpg

IMG_0674 copy.jpg

IMG_0675 copy.jpg

IMG_0677 copy.jpg

IMG_0678 copy.jpg

I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure. I've had a mind to build a Hornet as a lowrider since even before the kits were available, but so far haven't done much other than think about it. 

Is that yarn used as pleating on the seats? If so, that's something else I've always thought about trying. 

Hi Chuck

The solid purple is flocking and the inserts are embroidery floss over double-sided tape. I got the embroidery floss from Hobby Lobby. A bag of 150 strands in many colors for about $10.  It is probably enough for  2 life-times worth of builds.

Thanks for looking

Theo