Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back in the hobby

Blackbart

Hi all, I was into the mostly model cars about 15 years ago and got out of it. Came across about 15-20 kits most unwrapped and decided to start building them again during the winter months since my other hobby has been R/C heli's and I don't normally fly those through the winter months. I gotta say the hobby has advanced with some really cool things one can do with their models! I am mostly into the drag cars, and my first project is my Jungle Jim Blue Monza funny car. I have already done the red one years ago, so looking forward to doing this other one. I also have an interest in the GP and other motorcycle kits which I have some of those also to put together. So for now I'm gonna check out the site and see what's new...

I spent 30 years away and returned within the last year.  You are correct, there is soooo much more out there today.  Resin kits and mods were rare and 3D printing opens a whole new world which will be exciting to follow as it matures.  Heck, just the internet alone is worth the price of admission!  Have fun with it, I don't look at it as a competition but I must admit I've seen some builds here that just blow me away. 

I spent 30 years away and returned within the last year.  You are correct, there is soooo much more out there today.  Resin kits and mods were rare and 3D printing opens a whole new world which will be exciting to follow as it matures.  Heck, just the internet alone is worth the price of admission!  Have fun with it, I don't look at it as a competition but I must admit I've seen some builds here that just blow me away. 

about the time I got out the resin kits were coming out, eBay and the internet was rolling quickly up from its beginnings, the kits I put together as a teen were selling for hundreds of dollars! Crazy! Really amazing how quickly things snowballed, and heck the years passed by! I gotta get to building before I kick the bucket! Lol!

thank you guys for the replies!