Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toyota AE-92 levin

carro

Here is my new wip. A Tamiya AE-92 (levin) I bought this kit around 18 years ago and is time to build it. Im glad there is no expiration dates on this kits. Here are some picks

P2090420_zpsfrcfxya0.jpg

20170109_064818_zpseejetdim.jpg

For color Im going with red and maybe some dark copper wheels.for the interior maybe gray n black or red n black

P2080419_zpsbztn5dt7.jpg

Im going to try to make a roll cage for it and also put some details in the door panels all doe they wont be visible when completed. I bought some blue stuff and try casting the window cranks, hopefully I'll be able to clean them up without breaking them.

P2090421_zps6p1mz4rl.jpgP2090422_zpsb2zbhnwk.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Small update.  I casted the rear rotors from a Enzo ferrari kit, altough not perfect they will hardly be seen behind the wheels i'll be using. Im using the wheels from one of the Revell Civic kits painted a dark bronze color. I also started on the roll cage and so far it's taking me longer than i tought but it's a learning process. 

P3080427_zpsjutgj5gw.jpgP3080428_zpsjm7oafa5.jpg

I've been working on this one pretty steadely. I sprayed some color on the wheels and brakesP3100429_zpsoykijewg.jpgAlso started spraying the second color on the interior while still figuring out more of the roll cage.

P3120430_zpswhlhuuqf.jpgP3120431_zpspe7q5dsb.jpg

Here is a quick mock up pic.

P3150432_zpsv9vqsm3k.jpgThanks for looking!

• 10 months later...