Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jonathan

Members
  • Content Count

    1,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

2 Followers

About Jonathan

  • Rank
    MCM Ohana

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
    Yes
  • Scale I Build
    1/25 & 1/24

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    https://southernfriedherring.weebly.com/

Profile Information

  • Location
    NC
  • Full Name
    Jonathan LikeTheFish

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Apologies for posting this in Under Glass earlier. Recently started work on the Salvinos JR Grand Prix. A little bit of black masking tape for the roll bar padding, and nearly one full can of Tamiya Camel Yellow later, and here's what I have so far:
  2. Recently started work on the Salvinos JR Grand Prix. A little bit of black masking tape for the roll bar padding, and nearly one full can of Tamiya Camel Yellow later, and here's what I have so far:
  3. The digital camouflage is perfect for this kit. Very cool. One of my favorite kits, actually.
  4. Late to the party on this one - I love seeing this old kit built. I think it was one of my favorites when I was a kid. Nice work!
  5. Thank you for the kind words. I find painting black (and other dark colors, really) to be very challenging.
  6. This is a beautiful build!
  7. Thanks, Mike. For me, I find the battered paint job easier. Well, sometimes. In this case - Tamiya primer, followed by Tamiya Red Brown (Acrylic), with lighter and darker variations of the Tamiya Red Brown misted over the body with the airbrush. I sealed this with Testors Dull Cote (lacquer). This was followed by hair spray. Once dry, I sprayed the blue over the hairspray - again Tamiya acrylics. Added some white and misted that over the upper surfaces for faded paint. Next, I scrubbed and dabbed at it with an old, damp paint brush. Sealed this with Dull Cote. Lots of Tamiya D
  8. Thank you - I cheated - laser tape measure pointed at the scanner when taking the picture.
  9. This thing gave me more fits than I expected - although I think pretty much every bit of that was my fault. Tamiya Lacquer for the black - stripped once after over aggressive polishing. Tamiya acrylics for the interior. I did fabricate some floor mats, seatbelts, and seatbelt hardware from tape and fine wire. I used embossing powder for the carpet. Scanner effect faked with the ol' Lowes laser tape measure. Even using the phone camera, you can really see the defects. I realized the T-Tops weren't properly seated only after looking at the pictures.
  10. AMT / Round2 evergreen 1970 1/2 Camaro. Still going strong sometime in the late 80's or so ... Tamiya paints used throughout, although I did use Testors Dullcote for the final clear finish. Kit decals used - although rather abused with tape and sandpaper. Rust effects accomplished by raiding wife's hairspray. Comments welcome.
  11. Beautiful work! Seeing that takes me back to days on the farm with my Granddad!
  12. Looking for the Revell 1968 2-n-1 Firebird 400.
×
×
  • Create New...