Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Show In San Antonioor Dallas, Anyone?

Just curious. I'm wondering if anyone, vendors or civilians on here are planning to be at the Model Show in San Antonio tomorrow or the  Showdown in Farmer's Branch, Texas on March 4th. I emailed and they said they had quite a few vendors coming. This will be my first show to attend since 1999 so I'm excited. Yikes. I won't be entering anything of course, but I want to go to see the entries and of course maybe find a few kits I've really been looking for! My wife bought an expensive item from IKEA so she can't say anything about me buying models for a little while!

Hey Gary,

I've been aware of both shows and while I am curious about them I'm just not had the time/funds to travel(I'm in Austin like you!)to check them out. Even though San Antonio is much closer than Dallas, it is an IPMS show which means they are focused on more than just car models. Nothing wrong with that, their interest is on modeling of all types from military to vehicles to sci-fi.

Both San Antonio and the Farmers Branch shows sound like fun especially if you haven't attended a show in quite a while. Did you know Austin has an annual show in town? It's usually in September:

http://www.austinsms.org/contest.php

I've been to it twice and even though it again is an IPMS sanctioned show, I do enjoy the vendors and the wide category of models that show up as well as the model cars that do attend. Since we are in the same town, let's keep in touch! I've been meaning to reach out and see how many other model car 'nerds' there are in Austin. I've met a small number at the local show, but I know there's more of us out there!

Ferbz     

Hey Gary,

I've been aware of both shows and while I am curious about them I'm just not had the time/funds to travel(I'm in Austin like you!)to check them out. Even though San Antonio is much closer than Dallas, it is an IPMS show which means they are focused on more than just car models. Nothing wrong with that, their interest is on modeling of all types from military to vehicles to sci-fi.

Both San Antonio and the Farmers Branch shows sound like fun especially if you haven't attended a show in quite a while. Did you know Austin has an annual show in town? It's usually in September:

http://www.austinsms.org/contest.php

I've been to it twice and even though it again is an IPMS sanctioned show, I do enjoy the vendors and the wide category of models that show up as well as the model cars that do attend. Since we are in the same town, let's keep in touch! I've been meaning to reach out and see how many other model car 'nerds' there are in Austin. I've met a small number at the local show, but I know there's more of us out there!

Ferbz     

I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out, thanks!