Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jerry Harvey's 63 Lightweight Galaxie

mredjr

I started a model of Jerry Harvey's 63 Galaxie today. I have spent about 8 hrs. making the lightweight interior tub. I cut the floor pan out of the 63 interior tub and used a 66 Nova floor pan and T-Bolt bucket seats also put hanging peddles. I painted the interior champagne with flat black floor pan and simi-gloss black on the dash. I will post pictures soon if I can figure out how. Elvin

Bob Ford sponsored two 63 1/2 Lightweights.  I have been thinking about this car and I am wondering if it is the original re-bodied 1962 Lightweight car that was painted black with beige interior that Len Richter drove.  Only few of the 63 1/2 Lightweights had beige interior, this car and Dick Brannan's car which was the pilot Lightweight that I know of.  There could have been a few others.  The reason why the dash and steering wheel was black on Brannan's car is that the black color dash and steering wheel was readily available.   This would seem logical for the Bob Ford car too.  

Edited by johnwitzke

The picture on George Klass Remembers you can tell it was black dash and steering wheel the and the interior looks to be beige. I remember Tommy Radford in Wilson NC had one that was red on red and I don't remember about the dash but it came with black bucket seats. I remember seeing that car when it was new. Elvin

Edited by mredjr