Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT REPLICA S.E. 56 FORD VICTORIA INFO...

.......Just thought I would ask our always informed member's if someone could school me on the general detail's and  content's of a 1995 issue of the AMT 56 FORD, that was apparently sold in a plain white shipping box in the 1995-96 era I'm told......wondered if all the custom and race part's were there, slick's, decal's, etc....thanks in advance......the Ace...;)

Same parts as always (that kit was never messed with to any great extent).  It won't have printed whitewalls or slicks, and who knows what decals are included, but all of the optional parts are in there.

I'm pretty certain that the only parts alteration over the years was with the 12-spoke front wheels.  The first issue had a small pair of front tires for the drag version, later they were taken out and the drag version used the stock tires.  So the wheels were probably tweaked a bit.  Other than that, everything should be there. 

Same parts as always (that kit was never messed with to any great extent).  It won't have printed whitewalls or slicks, and who knows what decals are included, but all of the optional parts are in there.

I'm pretty certain that the only parts alteration over the years was with the 12-spoke front wheels.  The first issue had a small pair of front tires for the drag version, later they were taken out and the drag version used the stock tires.  So the wheels were probably tweaked a bit.  Other than that, everything should be there. 

........thanks, Mark....I've never seen the contents of one, but may grab one online......appreciate the fact's.....the Ace...:D

Yep. I used to have one. Like Mark said, the 56 was one of the few Trophy Series that was never really boogered around with. The chrome in mine had yellowed which I've had happen on a few 90s Ertl-era stuff. The decals weren't much to write about, just license plates and some lame yellow 90's swoop graphics. There wasn't anything special about it other than the plain box.