Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi's Ferrari F40LM Storm

Dann Tier

Great build of a legendary car. How is the engine on this kit compared to Tamiya's?

It doesn't really have a complete motor, but the way they engineered this kit, with a little bit of wiring and hose work, its pretty hard to tell. with all the top-end motor parts, and intercoolers, its very realistic. If you,ve ever seen Aoshima's Lamborghini Aventador or Countach kits, its much like those.  -glad you liked mine, and thanks for checking it out!

Edited by Dann Tier

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, love this one too

? Is this a permanent display or just how you photograph finished models???

Such a great way to show off a finished car with the background like that so everyone can know what it is and enjoy it

My 1/16 Fujimi F40 build seems on be on hold again......hopefully this will inspire me

Oh wow, love this one too

? Is this a permanent display or just how you photograph finished models???

Such a great way to show off a finished car with the background like that so everyone can know what it is and enjoy it

My 1/16 Fujimi F40 build seems on be on hold again......hopefully this will inspire me

Thank you!!, i'm glad you like it. This is just a backdrop for photographing my builds. These Fujimi F40's don't get as much attention as the Tamiyas, but I ended up liking this one better. with careful painting, and added details and wiring, you cant tell that it doesn't have a complete motor. it really is a great kit!   -Whats going on with your F40? Do you have it posted anywhere? i'd like to check it out!  I would really like to post on the Work bench, but I have just enough time and energy to build, lol. I will be making videos to post here to hopefully help people conquer the Aoshima Pagani kit. I'm working on it now, but I wont post any videos unless my ideas work, otherwise I wouldn't be helping anyone.

Thank you!!, i'm glad you like it. This is just a backdrop for photographing my builds. These Fujimi F40's don't get as much attention as the Tamiyas, but I ended up liking this one better. with careful painting, and added details and wiring, you cant tell that it doesn't have a complete motor. it really is a great kit!   -Whats going on with your F40? Do you have it posted anywhere? i'd like to check it out!  I would really like to post on the Work bench, but I have just enough time and energy to build, lol. I will be making videos to post here to hopefully help people conquer the Aoshima Pagani kit. I'm working on it now, but I wont post any videos unless my ideas work, otherwise I wouldn't be helping anyone.

My F 40 is back in her box for a bit.....just busy with other stuff.  Photobucket has killed my threads and I will be a bit getting them re organized, but I will pop you a message when she is back on the bench!

You have been posting some great builds !!!

Cheers, Scott

My F 40 is back in her box for a bit.....just busy with other stuff.  Photobucket has killed my threads and I will be a bit getting them re organized, but I will pop you a message when she is back on the bench!

You have been posting some great builds !!!

Cheers, Scott

Thanks again for checking out my build!, cant wait to see your F40!! -always wonder what detail that scale has.

Awesome Dan!  and like I read in another comment, it's refreshing to see one not red!   Another A+ build.  

Thanks, Ritchie!, I actually try my damndest to NOT paint my Ferrari's red.......any of them. Actually, red is FAR from being a color i'd choose for any of my builds, Monkeemobile is the exception.